If the thought of trying to take your full-size baby stroller on your next family adventure seems daunting, it’s time to consider a travel baby stroller.
Baby strollers make leaving your home a little easier and more convenient. Today’s travel cart is a minimalist’s dream. Most have many of the same cutting-edge features as traditional baby strollers, all wrapped in a compact, portable package. Many baby strollers break to fit in the upper compartment of an airplane or can be folded quickly and slung over your shoulder. Some can even be used on a day-to-day basis as well.
If you are a family that is always on the go, a travel baby stroller may be the answer to help lighten your load and simplify your life.
Our Top Pick
Last update on 2022-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 Best Lightweight Stroller To Buy In 2021
Last update on 2022-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 Best Lightweight Stroller Review
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier! The Summer 3Dmini Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs 11 pounds and has a full-sized seat, plus auto-lock, anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels.
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must! It’s mini, but mighty for long-term use and offers both an everyday and travel stroller option.
- MULTI-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little one comfortable with multi-position recline, padded seat back and padded 5 point safety harness. It’s perfect for naptime strolls and edge-of-the-seat travels! Maximum weight for this toddler stroller: 45 pounds. Tire Type: EVA
- COMPACT FOLD – The easy, compact fold makes it simple to store this lightweight umbrella stroller and bring it with you on the go! Plus, it has a hassle-free canopy with flip out sun visor that is perfect for sunny days.
- EXTRA STORAGE – With plenty of storage in this stroller, you won’t have to leave anything at home. It includes a storage basket, rear storage pocket and two cup holders.
- Fully-featured lightweight stroller weighs less than 15 lb, perfect for adventures on the go
- Stroller accepts all Graco Infant Car Seats, for an easy transition from car to stroller; use from birth as a car seat carrier (infant car seat sold separately)
- Parent's tray with cup holders and storage keeps your essentials nearby
- Child’s belly bar with cup holder to keep baby satisfied while strolling
- Stroller easily folds down in one-step into a compact fold for on-the-go convenience
- Ultra-Lightweight Stroller: Weighing only 13.7 lbs, the CYBEX Libelle is portable enough to take practically anywhere. Its lean frame folds into a space-saving package that can fit in overhead compartments, under train seats or in car trunks.
- Compact Baby Stroller: A single-handed fold collapses the Libelle into an ultra-compact, self-standing package for easy storage anywhere. When folded, the CYBEX Libelle is even hand-luggage compliant on most airlines.
- Versatile Travel: Take your adventures anywhere with smooth, front-wheel suspension that provides steady handling for you and a smooth ride for your little one. An integrated XL sun canopy offers UPF 50+ rating.
- Travel System: The Libelle’s lightweight frame includes a seat unit suitable for infants 6 months and older and is compatible with any CYBEX infant car seat so you can create a travel system to transition from the car to the sidewalk with ease.
- Ergonomic Positions: The one-hand recline function includes a near-flat lying position for easy naps on the go, and the integrated leg rest supports comfortable and ergonomic sitting and lying positions and can easily be adjusted with one hand.
- LIGHTWEIGHT -- Travel friendly lightweight design (only 11.8 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips. Disney Size Approved!The assembled dimensions are 17.6 x 29.9 x 41.7 inches
- EXTENDED CANOPY -- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on your baby.
- EASY ONE-HAND FOLD -- Convenient one-hand and self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations. Folded Dimensions: 18" W x 12" d x 34" h. All-terrain wheels and front suspension for a smooth ride
- RECLINING SEAT -- Reclining seat offers 5-point safety restraint system and accommodates child up to 50 pounds and 40 inches tall. (Seat does not recline completely flat). Floor to Seat Distance: 14.5"
- ROOMY STORAGE -- Large, easy to access storage basket holds all baby's necessities. Removable child tray with dual cup & juice box holder, and parent tray with two water bottle holders and extra storage area.
- Travel with your little one and enjoy your day out and about with this ultra-lightweight and compact stroller, designed for families on-the-go.
- Weighing only 14 pounds, the stroller maneuvers easily with one hand, even into small spaces, and folds up compactly to carry inside or upstairs with a built-in carry strap.
- Double-decker easy-to-access storage baskets provide plenty of space to store extra diapers, spare clothes, snacks, and even a few of your own items.
- Now with multi-position recline options allowing your child to explore or nap. Breathable seat pads keep your baby comfortable and cool, while an extendable sunshade with UPF 50 keeps them shaded out of the sun.
- This travel stroller is designed for children up to 50 pounds that can sit upright on their own.
- The revolutionary ultra-compact folding mechanism of the Pockit Air All-Terrain reduces the stroller into a handbag-shaped package in seconds and is airplane hand luggage compliant.
- Take to the skies with confidence. The ultra-compact folding mechanism of the Pockit Air All-Terrain is airplane hand luggage compliant, freeing you to travel with your stroller without hassle
- Weighing only 4.6 kg, the Pockit Air All-Terrain is the perfect travel companion. Its super-lightweight frame is easy to manoeuvre, lift and carry. Perfect for the city, on vacation, or just being on the go.
- The backrest of the Pockit Air All-Terrain is designed with a breathable mesh fabric that provides comfort for your child even on hot days. Available as an accessory, a snug padded inlay can be added to the seat unit for additional warmth on cooler days.
- The double wheels of the Pockit Air All-Terrain increase both comfort and usability, allowing parents to confidently manoeuvre on different surfaces and ensuring you'll never get stuck in between cobblestones.
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier. The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and has a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels.
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must. With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option.
- 4-POSITION RECLINE – Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight and height of child for this toddler stroller: 50 pounds and 43 inches.
- COMPACT FOLD – The easy compact fold with carry strap and auto lock makes it simple to store this lightweight umbrella stroller and bring it with you to go. Plus, the adjustable and removable canopy with flip out sun visor is perfect for sunny days.
- EXTRA STORAGE – With plenty of storage in this stroller, you won’t have to leave anything at home. It includes an extra-large storage basket, rear storage pocket and cup holder. Don’t overload storage basket: maximum of 10 pounds
- Hassle-Free Gravity Folding: The gravity quick-folding mechanism makes this lightweight folding stroller super-easy to use for new or experienced parents. Just press and rotate the fold button and the baby stroller will fold itself in just seconds by gravity.
- Sturdy and Heavy-duty: Infant Stroller reinforced plastic paired with a durable aluminum frame, this newborn stroller has been tested to withstand 100k different tests and comply with ASTM F833 standard, thus creating a safe and sound riding experience for your baby.
- Shock-Absorbing Wheels: Lightweight stroller's four wheels contain built oilless bearings and shock-absorbing EVA material enables. The lightweight stroller can smooth and stable rolling even on cobble-paved roads. The universal wheels make the foldable stroller super easy to maneuver.
- Ultimate Comfort: The portable stroller seat pad is made of premium fabric that is skin-friendly yet waterproof, with a full-size Canopy that is waterproof and UV-resistant. The adjustable seatback forms part of an ergonomic seat and can recline from 100° to 150°, together with adjustable leather-covered foot support to give your child of 6-36 months a comfy ride.
- Compact Stroller for Travel: This small stroller weighs 14.4lbs and has a dimension of 56 inches after being folded, which is compact enough to be carried on a plane. And an airplane stroller comes with a carry bag that is convenient for travel.
- 【Ultra small and Light】 Folds super small: 16.5" x 8.7" x 22", and ultra-lightweight stroller only 14 lbs. Ultra compact and portable design, perfect for shopping/travel by airplane. The travel stroller could stand on its own when folded and allows mothers to easily lift without bending down
- 【Convenient & One-Hand Fold/Unfold】 The Modern T-shaped Bumper is designed for you Drag the travel stroller, rotated T bumper to pulling bar when folded, making the travel road more comfortable and labor-saving. The lightweight stroller Simple one-hand fold/unfold in 3 seconds and went through airport security easily, and the automatic lock hook allows the mother without bending down, making the trip more convenient
- 【Ues From Newborn】This compact stroller's backrest can be adjusted from 95°(Sitting) to 135°(half lying) to 170°(Near Flat), for newborn baby. Spacious cockpit up to 15'', adjustable footrest and anti-skid pedals make the baby more comfortable. T Bumper for better recreational journey, the infant stroller with swivel front wheels makes it easy for the mother to push. Durable spring suspension for smoothly moving, and baby can sleep quickly
- 【Luxury Umbrella Stroller】The baby stroller w/Extra-large 4-position adjustable canopy to help cope with sunny, rainy, cloudy and other weather during the travel. The peek-a-boo window make the mother can see the baby when pushing the lightweight stroller. The compact travel stroller is equipped with a storage basket, beauty and convenience, and saves mommy's bag
- 【Safety】The lightweight baby stroller has passed ASTM and CPSC certification, you can choose with confidence. The 5-point harness system effectively protects the baby's safety, safety wrist strap to prevent it from slipping off. The One touch brake firmly protect the safety of the baby. As the manufacturer, COOL KIDS stands behind all our products with great customer service and support. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
- FOR YOUR CHILD, YOYO2 brings a confortable seat cushion, a multi-position reclining backrest for the nap, a secure 5 point harness and Anti-UV fabric (UPF 50+). The 4 wheel suspensions provide unrivaled shock absorption.
- FOR THE PARENTS, YOYO2 brings a canopy window for keeping a constant eye on your child, a zipped back pocket to store essentials close at hand. A storage basket up to 5 kg and easily accessible from the front or back. All fabrics are washable.
- YOYO2 is compact and lightweight: 52 x 44 x 18 cm (20.5 x 17.3 x 7.1 in) for 6.2 kg (13.6 lbs.). Weight allowance up to 48,5 lbs. Can even be carried on the plane in both 0+ and 6+.
- YOYO2 is a one handed driving stroller. It folds and unfolds with one hand into an compact single element. Carry your YOYO on the shoulder with its padded strap.
- YOYO2 stroller is customizable to your needs and grows with your child: 9 trendy colors and lot of accessories such as YOYO board, YOYO bag, YOYO cupholder, YOYO footmuff, YOYO legrest, YOYO parasol, YOYO travel bag, YOYO mosquito net.
Last update on 2022-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What are the best strollers?
After researching review sites, retailers and more, we think the best stroller for most people is the Baby Jogger City Mini 2. It’s neither the least nor the most expensive, but it’s a reliable, all-around full-size stroller for parents who need to run a few errands on foot or who like to take their daily walk with baby in tow. We loved it because it’s the lightest of the full-size strollers included here. Its one-handed folding mechanism is convenient when you’re juggling your baby and a million other duties. We also like it because it’s compatible with several third-party car seats.
The stroller and car seat combination are two essential purchases for your child. You shouldn’t have to compromise because of a proprietary fit that makes the two incompatible.
There are other types of strollers mentioned below, including ones that are best for those who put versatility, outdoor activities or the budget first. We’ll help you choose which stroller is best for your baby.
Why do you need a travel stroller for travel?
While you might already own an awesome jogging stroller or another bulky standard-size stroller, there are a lot of good reasons that a travel stroller is a must-have:
1) Because Airport Security simply won’t let you gate check a heavy or bulky stroller. As explained up top, any stroller that weighs over 20 lbs (9 kg), is too big, or which is non-collapsible must be checked at the ticket counter. I actually know a mama who got into a literal tug of war with the check-in-agent who forced her to check her jogging stroller at the ticket counter. This is really traumatic if you are traveling alone or have to make connections. Avoid this entirely. It’s not worth the stress.
2) You do not want to lug a hefty (and expensive!) jogging stroller on your next family vacation. Even though it might have a smooth ride and luxurious accessories, bringing your bulky stroller on a trip is not a walk in the park. First, the airlines are not delicate with baggage and it is likely to get some damage. Second, most rental car trunks are small. And finally, it’s just not worth lugging around such a massive piece of equipment.
Do You Need a Travel Stroller?
Some families use a traditional stroller for everything, even traveling. But having a lighter, more nimble travel stroller pays off when you really need it: for airports, narrow city sidewalks, public transportation or just to lighten the load.
Here are some of the pros and cons of using different types of strollers for travel:
- Traditional stroller: Everyday strollers typically have convenient features like lots of storage space, cup holders and trays, and large canopies. Some may also have all-terrain wheels and accommodate an infant car seat. But they’re heavier and bulkier to fold, which makes using and storing them in tight spaces more difficult (think: narrow doorways, airplane overhead bins, small car trunks).
- Umbrella stroller: Bare-boned and exceptionally lightweight, umbrella strollers often lack many amenities you find in traditional strollers like adjustable seats and cup holders. They have skimpy canopies, minimal cushioning and seat support and don’t fold small enough to fit in airport storage bins. You also can’t push an umbrella stroller with one hand. Umbrella strollers are good for when you occasionally need a slimmer, fast-fold stroller.
- Travel stroller: Sometimes also called a lightweight stroller, travel strollers strike a balance between traditional and umbrella stroller styles. They’re lighter than the standard stroller, easy to fold and compact in size when collapsed. (Some travel strollers fold in half, called a square fold, while others feature a more compact tri-fold.) Travel strollers have some full-size amenities like large sun canopies and a storage basket and most even have extras like cup holders.
Figuring out which type of stroller you want to use for travel often comes down to what type of trade-offs you want to make around budget, space and personal preference. Some traditional strollers offer a compact fold that’s great for travel, but the stroller weighs a ton. Umbrella strollers tend to be affordable but require two hands for pushing and only offer a vertical fold. Compact travel strollers are light, portable and easy to steer but come at a cost.
Think through how often you travel, how much money you want to spend and where you’ll be storing your stroller when it’s not in use when you’re trying to decide which stroller is right for you and your family. Also note that lots of parents find that a travel stroller can work just as well as a full-size option for everyday use; just keep in mind that unless the travel stroller you choose is compatible with an infant car seat or comes with a separate infant kit, you’ll need to wait to use the stroller until your baby is six months old and can sit up unassisted.
What Should You Look for in a Travel Stroller?
A travel stroller should be easy to take with you on trips and be a comfy spot for your little one, especially since your child will probably spend more hours in it while traveling than at home. Look for a travel stroller that is:
- Easy to fold
- Collapses compactly
- Has an ample canopy
- Has an adjustable seat (a machine-washable cover is also a nice perk)
- Features a built-in strap or separate carrying case
How to Fly with a Stroller
Bringing a stroller with you on trips can seem daunting. How do you get it from point A to point B when you’re flying? Will it count toward your carry-on and baggage allotment? And what if you need to use your stroller in the airport? Good news: You can pick how you want to travel with your stroller, depending on your needs. Here are the choices:
- Check the stroller with your baggage: Some parents unload the stroller during check-in and switch to using a baby carrier through the airport instead. Pair a front carrier with a backpack-style diaper bag so your hands will be free to deal with other things. Noe that if you have a large stroller, you may be required to check it as baggage anyway. This usually doesn’t count toward your baggage allotment.
- Check the stroller at the gate: Want to use the stroller until you board the plane? You can check the stroller with the gate agent—it just needs to be tagged—and then pick it up outside the aircraft door when you arrive. (Just remember if you have a connecting flight to catch, waiting for your stroller to be placed on the jet bridge can eat up precious time.)
- Stow the stroller on the airplane: Some travel strollers fold up so small they fit in a backpack and can be stored in an overhead bin. Having your stroller with you eliminates the hassle of waiting for it on the jet bridge or at baggage claim (or losing it).
Some other air-travel tips to keep in mind:
- If you check the stroller with baggage, you do run the risk of damage. Ask the agent at check-in for a plastic bag to cover and protect it during transport, or bring your own travel bag.
- If you’re taking the stroller through security, it will need to be folded and put through the X-ray machine. Don’t stuff the undercarriage basket until after security.
- If your checked stroller doesn’t come out with the suitcases at baggage claim, check the oversized luggage area. It may have been set aside there.
How We Chose our Best Travel Strollers
We asked thousands of real Babylist families about the products they love the most. We took the top products they shared with us and added our own research and insight to tell you about the best travel strollers.
Baby Strollers – Simple Buying Guide
What do you look for when you venture to buy a baby stroller? Here are the things that should come to your mind.
- Safety of your baby
- Convenience and comfort of your baby
- Size is also a critical factor
Indians use the word pram more than the stroller. The stroller is more an Americanised word. However, there are minor differences between a pram and a stroller. A pram is a smaller carrier as compared to a stroller. You use prams to carry infants or newborn babies whereas the strollers can accommodate toddlers up to four years of age.
The safety of your baby is vital. As a parent, you would love to see your baby safe and secure as you take it along with you. The designing of the stroller becomes vital. The stroller should have a perfect balance.
An unstable stroller will topple over and cause unnecessary injuries to your baby. One way of checking the stability is to hang your bag or umbrella from the handles of the stroller.
The stable stroller will easily bear the weight and remain steady. Check out the baby harness. It is better to have a five-point harness to provide the maximum protection to your baby. This harness will drape over the child’s shoulders. People who tend to use the stroller a lot should always choose this harness. For occasional use, a three-point harness will also suffice.
A stroller is a convenient instrument that helps you to take your baby along with you wherever you go. You should ensure that the baby feels comfortable sitting inside the stroller. The moment it senses any discomfort, the baby will not hesitate to let you know this fact.
Look out for strollers that contain carriers or pockets where you can place the essential requirements of the baby such as water bottles, milk bottles, snacks, toys, diapers, and so on. It is also advisable to opt for a stroller that comes with a rain hood to protect the baby from the harsh sunlight and rain.
Size of the stroller matters a lot
Confirm the size of the stroller before you buy one. It is better if you have your baby along with you when you purchase it. It enables you to try it out. These strollers come with size and weight ratings. Choose the optimum size. A large-sized stroller can make your baby feel unsafe whereas a smaller size will prove to be uncomfortable.
A foldable or a collapsible stroller is the perfect option as you can safely put it away when not in use. Today, you get extendable strollers as well that can hold two or even three children at a time. If you have twin babies, these extendable strollers will be the ideal ones to have.
Other features to check out
The handles are a crucial aspect of the strollers. They should be easy to grip and not be slippery. Secondly, reversible handles are ideal as it allows you to look at your baby at any time without any problem.
Seat Reclining facilities
Babies love to sleep a lot. Your stroller should have a multi-position seat reclining facility to enable the baby to have a nap whenever it feels like doing so. A toddler would need a stroller with a footrest. It enhances the comfort factor for your baby.
You pay great emphasis on checking out the suspensions of your bike when you buy a new one. Similarly, your baby should not feel the bumps on the roads. It is better to have a stroller having active suspensions to ensure a smooth ride for your child. Having brakes on your stroller is also vital. It can help you to climb down ramps easily.
Different types of strollers
Strollers come in various designs and sizes. The common ones have the recliner seat, footrest, rain hood, and a reversible handle. You also have strollers with luxurious features.
Car seat strollers
You get strollers today that carry infant car seats. It is also easy to fold some of these strollers so that they double up as car seats for the babies. The harness remains in place thereby acting as a safety measure for the baby when you place them inside the cars. You can also call these strollers as travel systems. They are not only heavier but also more expensive when compared to the standard strollers.
These strollers are light in weight and have three wheels. Some of these jogging strollers can carry more than one baby. These strollers are attractive but not as compact as the regular strollers.
The trailers are not very popular in India. You can attach these baby trailers to the rear wheel of your bicycle. Hence, your toddler gets a bicycle ride. You should buy these strollers only if the roads where you propose to use them are smooth and without any bumps.
Now, you have an idea how to purchase these baby strollers. Remember, it is always better to take your baby along with you when you buy these strollers. You can test them first-hand and purchase the one that suits you the best.
Let us now review some of the best strollers available in town. We shall look at some of the frequently asked questions about these baby strollers after our reviews.
What to pay your attention to while choosing a lightweight stroller?
There is a number of important things that should be considered before purchasing any pushchair for your children. Let’s divide them into baby’s comfort and safety, parent’s comfort and safety as well as functionality.
1. Safety and comfort of your child
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, safety and comfort of your child are the most important features that must influence your shopping decision. Certainly, sometimes a price makes a good especially attractive or its functionality offers appealing options, but they are not so crucial as the health and well-being of your kid. Thus, take into consideration the following:
- the quality of the stroller’s frame
This point is especially important when it comes to lightweight strollers because small weight is partially achieved by decreasing the weight of the frame. Needless to say, this part is the heaviest in any stroller, however, a light frame by no means can be fragile. Even if you will make do with an extremely lightweight umbrella stroller that resembles a doll accessory without any accidents, you should still be aware of the fact such a pushchair can be easily damaged during transportation or flights. That is why the quality of the stroller’s frame is also important for your budget;
- the design of the wheels
I have already mentioned the limitations of lightweight strollers when it comes to their small wheels. Yet, you should understand there are models with totally poor wheels and without any suspension, while there are also well-designed pushchairs with resistant, shock-absorbing wheels and full suspension. The quality of wheels and suspension must be excellent as you definitely don’t want your child be shaken violently during every stroll;
From my personal experience, the best brake mechanism is the single-action one. Such brakes are more user-friendly than the brakes including two pedals one of which is used for activating brakes and the other one for deactivating them. Some models also have colour indicators showing parents whether the current state of the mechanism. The majority of lightweight strollers have brakes activated by a foot.
- the size of a seat
Of course, as a parent you wish to have a slim model of a lightweight stroller, especially, when it concerns a double pushchair. All the models I have presented you in this review have compact seats, albeit they are still spacious for toddlers and some of the strollers are even suitable for pre-schoolers. Yet, you might find many appealing pushchairs which seem to be even smaller, but you should always bear in mind the fact a compact shape of a stroller can’t be a compromise to an unnaturally small seat. Believe me, it is neither convenient nor safe for a child to travel in such a stroller;
- a reclining mechanism of a seat
I have already mentioned the fact there are many pushchairs, especially in the group of umbrella-like models that do not have a reclining mechanism at all. Frankly speaking, I just can’t imagine using a stroller that provides a child exclusively with a seating position. Providing you are planning to buy a lightweight stroller for an infant, it has to be able to recline, because a child will need a lying position even if he or she doesn’t want to sleep at the moment. A fully lying position is a crucial element of any stroller that is claimed to be suitable for newborn babies. Nevertheless, if you are buying a compact stroller for a toddler just to give the kid a ride during long strolls and you are perfectly sure the child won’t need to have a sleep, you might consider a buying a pushchair without a reclining mechanism.
- 5-point harness
Today, 5-point harness is a standard for strollers and you won’t find any model without this safety measure on my list. Still, you have to make sure the belts are adjustable and the padding covering them is sufficient;
- soft fabrics
Obviously, the fabrics of the seat must be pleasant to touch, otherwise it will rub the delicate skin of a child causing him or her rather unpleasant sensations especially in the summer.
- sufficient canopy
An appropriate canopy is one of the major problems in lightweight strollers. As you have already noticed, even some of the top models of compact pushchairs do not always have large canopies. You should understand a canopy is an essential element created for protection of your baby. It will be protecting the child against the harmful activity of sun rays as well as their light while a kid is napping. Of course, it is also a shield against strong winds as well as snow and sand they might carry. Trust me, there is no way to make do without a good canopy. The only situation in which you might not need it so much if you are going to use a lightweight stroller exclusively for shopping, visiting galleries or other indoor activities.
- a mesh window in a canopy
A mesh window is not important for the well-being of a child if a stroller has a small canopy. In such a case, it is just a useful element for parents who can check their kids while they are napping. Yet, if the canopy is generous as it actually should be, a mesh window is also an essential source of fresh air during hot days.
- an adjustable footrest
Doubtlessly, an adjustable footrest is a great addition to an ergonomic seat that will make a ride even more convenient for your child. An adjustable footrest is compulsory in the models of lightweight strollers that allow parents to switch a toddler seat to a so-called newborn mode, however, in other cases it has an impact primarily on the convenience of the seat.
2. Parent’s comfort and safety
Undeniably, the quality of a stroller affects the child in the first instance, however, there are two things that can harmful for the parent’s health as well.
The first one are the wheels and suspension of the stroller that I have already mentioned in the guide twice. Actually, the poor quality of these parts of a stroller can make a ride rather tiresome and unpleasant for a parent as well. If you don’t want to push the stroller with all your strength or even get into the situations when you will need to transport your child, the stroller and other belongings because the pushchair just can’t go through a particular area, you should be really very careful with the quality of these elements.
Another element of a stroller crucial for a well-being of a parent is a handlebar. Such a part can be of three major types in lightweight strollers:
- two separate handles that can’t be adjusted to the height of a parent;
- one horizontal handlebar that can’t be adjusted to the height as well;
- a telescopic handlebar allowing you to change its height.
Sometimes, you can also find strollers with an adjustable handlebar in which the top part can be rotated, but this type is more popular among full-size strollers.
If your height differs from the average, you should be cautious while purchasing a stroller, as you need to make sure the handlebar is suitable for your height. Note the handlebar itself as well as its padding should also be ergonomic.
Despite the fact a great number of lightweight strollers lack functionality and have only basic features, there is a variety of models that are offering you and your child more than just a toddler seat and a frame of a small weight.
The best lightweight strollers also provide their users with such functions and elements as:
- the possibility of using a stroller with an infant car seat, carrycot, bassinet or of switching the toddler seat into a newborn mode;
- the opportunity of attaching a board for an older sibling or additional toddler seats (in case of double strollers);
- a reversible toddler seat;
- a large storage basket as well as several additional storage options.
These options are definitely great, however, the most important feature of functionality when it comes to lightweight strollers is a small and compact fold. Some models are offering such a small fold that it can even fit the overhead compartment of many airplanes. Yet, you should be aware of the fact not only the size of the fold is important. If you are looking for a compact pushchair, you should also be able to fold it with one hand and carry this fold in one hand.
Choosing the best lightweight stroller – my conclusions
When you understand what you really expect from your lightweight stroller, you will be able to get the best one fitting all your needs. Fortunately, the modern market is full of various models of lightweight and umbrella strollers, including the ones designed for more than one child, that you will be able to get the most appropriate one for your family.
The only thing you should now decide is how much are you ready to pay for such a pushchair as the prices for lightweight strollers can be absolutely different. You can find luxurious models that are more expensive than many full-size strollers and you can come across really cheap strollers that are still featured with a high quality. Three-in-one lightweight strollers as well as lightweight travel systems allow you to purchase only one stroller that can be used from the start, so, if you are tight on budget, such an investment can be sensible in your case.
Just keep in mind the tips and recommendations I have shared with you and you will definitely find your best lightweight stroller!