I wonder why you can’t use scissors to cut fabrics. A good fabric cutter offers precision and accuracy that are sometimes necessary for some designs and patterns.
To match the precision of a fabric cutting machine, you must have steady, experienced hands when using scissors.
After going through many online stores, window shopping and finally comparing some of the best fabric cutting machines available today, here are my top picks.
Our Top Pick
Last update on 2022-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 Best Fabric Cutting Machines To Buy In 2021
Last update on 2022-11-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 Best Fabric Cutting Machines Review
- YOUR IDEA, IN YOUR HANDS, IN MINUTES – Push the button and the powerful 40 watt laser creates meaningful gifts for your friends, unique products to sell, or something personalized just for you.
- SIMPLY AUTOMATIC– Autofocus. Material detection. Automatic print settings. Just pick your drawing, PDF, or photo, add one of dozens of household materials, and click print.
- FREE SOFTWARE & 30 MINUTE SETUP– There's nothing to install - the free app works with your PC, Mac, phone, or tablet.
- LASER PRECISION with DOZENS OF MATERIALS – Precise to the width of a human hair. Carve up to 1/2" deep, 11" tall, and 19.5" wide, at over 1,300 lines per inch. Engrave or print beautiful and useful products from wood, leather, paper, fabric, acrylic, glass, metal, cardboard... even chocolate!
- SAFE FOR HOME AND SCHOOL – The only CDRH Class 1 laser cutter and engraver. Independently safety tested to UL, CE, FDA, and FCC standards for peace of mind.
- 2X FASTER SMART CUTTING MACHINE - Take your decorative art & craft to the next level with the ultimate Cricut Maker 3 that's smarter, faster, and virtually creates any project on your wish list. Delivers an unimaginable pro-level cutting experience
- CUTS 300+ MATERIALS - Cuts everything from delicate paper & fabric to matboard & leather. The included Rotary Blade practically cuts any fabric for a sewing project & the Knife Blade makes precise cuts to thicker materials for more depth & dimension
- CUTS SMART MATERIALS LIKE A BREEZE - The Maker 3 is compatible with the all new Smart Materials (up to 12 ft) like Smart Vinyl, Smart Iron-On, Smart Paper Sticker Cardstock and more - all of them work without a mat
- APP BASED CRAFTING TOOL WITH WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY - With just a few clicks, create personalized & custom designs with this cutter using the cloud-based Design Space app that works on mobile phones & laptops (iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac)
- KEEP YOUR SPACE NEAT & ORGANIZED - The device comes with built-in storage on the top and under the bottom flap for storing tools. Also includes a docking slot and a USB port for charging your tablet, phone or computer while you design your space
- INDUSTRIAL FABRIC CUTTING MACHINE-- The Cloth Cutter equipped with 8-Inch straight blade, with a high rotary speed: 2850 RPM, suitable for multi-layer cloth, it’s cutting height is 6.3". Widely used to be leather cutters, wool cutters
- EASY TO OPERATE-- This Fabric cutting machine can be easily operate by one person. There are a effort-saving design with 4 wheels on the base to help moving
- SUPPORT CUT DIFFERENT SHAPE-- This fabric cutter not only support cut in straight, can also cut in other shape, operators can draw the shape in advance and cut following what you want, practical and efficient
- AUTOMATIC SHARPEN-- The cloth cutting machine is equipped with automatic knife-sharpening system to ensure the cutting quality and the service life. Don’t need to remove the blade to sharpen, it is convenient, efficient and safer
- EXTENSIVE USAGE-- The electric fabric cutter can be used to cut multi-layer leather, silk, cotton, and other fabric, suitable for the cloth,umbrella, carpet factory
- 10-Inch blade size; Rotary Speed: 2850 RPM; Cutting Height: 8.3" (210 mm)
- Compact and easy to use, this straight-knife cloth-cutting machine with a 10-inch blade works best on light- to medium-weight material like woven or knit fabrics.
- Safety mechanisms keep users protected from harm during the cutting process. Powerful motor make the cutting easier
- The unit provides a 550W motor, a speed of 2850 rpm for fast results. Best of all, its automatic knife-sharpening system ensures the finest cutting quality, and its safety mechanisms keep users protected from harm during the cutting process.
- Straight-knife cloth-cutting machine with automatic knife-sharpening system. Works best on light- to medium-weight material like all kinds of leather, cotton, silk, chemical fiber fabrics.
- No More Chords - 14.8V Cordless Power. The 2000FR fabric cutting machine includes two powerful 14.8V lithium-Ion batteries with an optimal two hour run time between charging. No need to worry about wires and plug points like on an electric fabric cutting machine machine.
- Powerful Servo Motor - The fabric cutters battery operated powerful servomotor can cut up to a single ply of fabric right up to 1” high, making it a very versatile, lightweight cutting machine.
- Everything Included - This 2000FR cloth cutting machine includes two 14.8V lithium batteries with a charger, blade key, extra sharpening stone and allen key.
- Total Speed Control - With five speed settings, the 2000FR is perfect for sample making or other light-duty operations. The blade speed can be adjusted from 600RPM to 1400RPM!
- Automatic Sharpener and Front Knife Guard - Built in sharpener in this cutter guarantees a sharp edge on every cut. Adjustable front knife guard helps ensure operator safety.
- REVOLUTIONARY DESIGN - Just add fabric! Set includes the tools you need to get started cutting right out of the box. 90% faster than rotary cutters or scissors so you spend more time sewing and quilting, and less time cutting.
- SAVE MONEY - A boxed set that contains everything you need to get started creating right out of the box – at a great price! Save over $220 vs. purchasing products separately. All the GO! must-haves included in one set so it’s ideal for someone new to quilting and sewing or new to AccuQuilt.
- ENDLESS DESIGNS - Unlimited design options using what’s included! Using the GO! Qube 8" Mix & Match Block dies and the GO! Strip Cutter-2½" to create an array of blocks and patterns.
- WIDE VARIETY OF FABRICS - Cut a wide variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, flannel, fleece, denim, leather, batting, felt, silk and satin. Also, a great way to use scraps!
- INCLUDES - GO! Fabric Cutter, GO! Qube 8" Mix & Match Block Set, GO! Strip Cutter-2½" (2" Finished), GO! Cutting Mats-10" x 24" and 6" x 6", Die Pick, GO! Qube Mix & Match Blocks and Quilts Pattern Book by Eleanor Burns-2nd Edition (1091) – $24.95 value, Pattern & Idea Booklet with 2 quilt patterns, User’s Manual & Product Registration Card
- 💪 4" 110 volt electric rotary fabric cutting machine.
- 💪 Octagonal high-speed steel blade with built-in sharpening stone.
- 💪 Capable of cutting from a single ply of fabric up to 1" thick.
- 💪 The octagonal blade, with carbide tipped and spring loaded lower blade, prevents the fabric from jamming
- 💪 Best used for light to medium weight fabrics; woven or loosely knit fabric
- Our Wallaby II has a three position airlift that holds most sewing machines comfortably and moves effortlessly up and down in a small footprint.
- The lifter platform adjusts easily to all heights of machines for ease of freearm and flatbed sewing and then down into storage inside the cabinet.
- Your sewing machine will fit nicely on the lift while the space to the left of the cabinet offers room for a serger and a felting machine or even another sewing machine.
- Three shelves feature 33 spool holders and a large drawer and door tray that will keep all your sewing accessories at hand and organized neatly.
- Once your sewing project is complete safely conceal and secure all your sewing notions fabric and equipment by closing both doors and turning the key to lock them shut.
- ✓𝟴 𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗛 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗗𝗘 𝗦𝗜𝗭𝗘 The 6000FS's 8" straight knife is ideal for those looking for a little more cutting capacity than our popular 5000CS model.
- ✓𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗬𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗠 Nothing makes cutting fabric easier than a sharp blade. The 6000FS'S built-in sharpener guarantees a sharp edge on every cut.
- ✓𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗦𝗘 For added stability, we use a large base plate on the 6000FS, making the machine easier to handle.
- ✓𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗺 | 𝗢𝗶𝗹 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗼𝘄 | 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀–𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺 𝗚𝗿𝗶𝘁
- ✓𝗣𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝟭-𝟭⁄𝟮 𝗜𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝗖𝘂𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲 | 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗱𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗧𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗕𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴
- ✂️FREE ! 3 (three) additional blades.✂️ IKONIX KC-3 8" BLADE STAND UP STRAIGHT KNIFE CUTTER CUTTING MACHINE (REPLACES YAMATA FY-3, RICOMA CZD-3)
- ✂️INCLUDES BUILT IN KNIFE BLADE SHARPENER. CUTTER IS LIKE YAMATA CZD310, CZD 3, CZD3, FY3 FEIYUE, AND EASTMAN)
- ✂️Automatic and convenient in grinding quick in cutting and bib in power. It is suitable for cutting fabric of cotton, wool, linen and leather etc. In batches. Having the features of large power, quick cutting and automatic grinding with emery belt.
- ✂️It can be used to cut cotton, wool, linen, chemical fiber, silk fabric, etc. Cutting is light, smooth operation, the use of comfort. Easy to grinding blade and sharp. Parts are interchangeable with Eastman
- ✂️Technical specifications ✅Model: KC-3 ✅Blade size: 8" ✅Power Supply: 110V ✅Electric motor:550W 8.8 amps ✅Rotate speed：2800 rpm/110V ✅Lubricating oil：#18 ✅Weight:15.5/18KG
Last update on 2022-11-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What Are The Types Of Fabric Cutting Machines?
When choosing a fabric cutting machine, you have two options: manual and digital. Understanding the differences between the two will help you decide which one is the right choice for you.
As you may have guessed, a manual cutting machine requires manual operation. Typically, fabric is placed between the die and a mat, and you turn the handle to run the entire thing through the cutting machine.
The die is what creates the shape of the fabric pieces.
Most people agree that even a manual machine offers more precise and accurate cuts than a rotary blade. It’s a safer way to cut, too, as you’re not physically handling the blade.
Manual machines have many advantages. For starters, they don’t have many moving parts, so they tend to last longer than their electronic counterparts. They don’t require a power source, so they can be used anywhere.
Manual cutting machines also have the advantage of being highly portable. Many have collapsible designs that make it easy to pack up the machine and take it on the go.
Digital cutting machines work in a very different way. There are no dies involved. The machine cuts each curve and line as the fabric moves through the machine.
Dies are replaced with digital designs, and the machine takes the information from the design to cut the shape into the fabric. This, of course, offers many advantages because you have unlimited design options. There are no dies to store, and with many machines, you can upload your own designs for free.
Many quilters assume that digital machines are faster than manual machines, but this isn’t necessarily the case. Depending on the complexity of the project, it may take longer for the digital machine to trace out the shape and design in the fabric when compared to a manual machine.
Still, digital machines are ultimately the simplest way to cut through fabric, particularly if you have arthritis or difficulty using manual machines.
What Options Should I Consider In A Fabric Cutting Machine?
When choosing a fabric cutting machine, there are many things that you need to consider, including:
There are two types of cutting machines: manual and electronic cutting machines. The right one for you will ultimately depend on your personal preference and your budget.
Manual machines are also known as die cutting machines. They use an easy-turn lever and steel dies to cut through fabric and other materials. As the material and die move through the machine, uniform pressure is applied and the die cuts the fabric into the shape of the die.
Electronic cutting machines are also called digital fabric cutting machines. As you may have guessed, these machines are powered by electricity and controlled by software or cartridges. Unlike their manual counterparts, digital machines do not need steel dies. The blade inside of the machine cuts the material based on the design chosen in the software or cartridge.
Both types of machines can achieve the same results. Electronic fabric cutting machines are higher priced, but they do offer more versatility in terms of design and material options. Manual machines may be limited in this department, but they’re portable and can be used anywhere.
Size Of The Machine
Size is important when it comes to fabric cutting machines. Anytime you bring a new tool into your crafting room, you have to consider your space and how much of it you can spare.
Fabric cutting machines come in a variety of sizes, but some are larger or more compact than others. The right size for you will depend on your needs and how much space you have.
Generally, manual machines are smaller and more portable. Many are about the size of a toaster. You can store them anywhere, and you can use them anywhere. If you’re short on space or interested in portability, then a manual machine may be a good option for you.
Electronic cutting machines are typically much longer than their manual counterparts, although they typically have a slim profile. Their design is very similar to a computer printer. Because they require electricity and tend to be larger in size, digital models aren’t as portable as their manual counterparts.
How Good Is It At Cutting Fabric?
It may sound like an obvious thing to consider, but many quilters forget to consider how well the machine cuts fabric. With the exception of a few brands and models, most fabric cutting machines are designed for cutting paper and other similar materials. Fabric just happens to be one of the many materials these machines can cut.
But many models can’t cut all types of fabrics, or you may be limited to how many layers you can cut at one time. Even the best fabric cutting machine will have some limitations.
Consider your own needs. What types of fabric do you usually cut? How often will you need to use the machine? How many layers do you need to cut at one time?
Read through the product description and features to see how well the machine can cut fabric and which types it can cut. Customer reviews may also give you some insight into the model’s fabric-cutting capabilities.
Most fabric cutting machines come with accessories that will help you get started. When comparing machines, keep these accessories in mind.
Manual machines will typically come with starter mats and dies. Electric cutting machines may come with mats and built-in designs that you can start using right away. Some machines will also come with pattern books.
Depending on your needs, you may choose one model over another simply because it offers more included accessories. Just make sure that the machine at least includes everything you need to get started. If you already have a collection of dies, you may want to make sure that they will be compatible with your new machine.
Naturally, cost will be a consideration when choosing a cutting machine. In fact, price will probably be a deciding factor for most people.
Before you even start looking at and comparing machines, take the time to figure out your budget. How much can you comfortably spend? Once you have a budget, you can start looking at machines in your price range.
It may be tempting to buy the cheapest machine you can find, but it’s worth spending more for a quality, durable machine.
How Versatile Is It?
Versatility may not be the first thing that comes to mind when comparing cutting machines. Right now, you’re focused on how well the machine can cut fabric and the types of fabric it can cut.
But what else can the machine do? Can it be used for other crafts?
Typically, these machines – both manual and digital – can be used to make paper crafts, stickers and a variety of other crafts. Electronic machines generally offer more versatility because you can use different attachments for different functions.
You may not be interested in creating other crafts right now, but you may change your mind in the future. And once you have a machine that gives you the option to create other crafts, you may start exploring those options and finding new, fun ways to create.
How Easy Is It To Use?
How easy is the machine to use? This is one of the most important things to consider when choosing a cutting machine. If it’s too complicated to use, you’ll probably never use it.
Read through the product description and reviews to see how complicated it is to use the machine. Electronic machines are generally more complex, but some have more user-friendly designs than others.
Manual machines are generally the easiest to use because they don’t have any electronic functions. Simply stack the die, fabric and mat properly, and then run it through the machine.
The goal is to choose a machine that’s appropriate for your experience and comfort level.
Who Are Fabric Cutting Machines Made For?
Who can benefit most from using a fabric cutting machine?
Fabric cutting machines are ideal for crafters because they can do more than just cut fabric – they can also cut paper, felt, card, foam, thin plastic and even cake icing.
When you have the ability to cut virtually anything, you can create a wide variety of crafts, including:
- Greeting cards
- Home décor
A cutting machine is the ultimate tool for crafters who want the freedom to create without having to spend a fortune on different machines and tools.
People Who Quilt
Fabric cutting machines are an obvious tool for quilters. They save time, and they allow for more accurate cuts.
Yes, rotary cutters are great, but a fabric cutting machine will simplify the process and save your hands from potential injury.
In a single pass, a manual fabric die cutting machine can cut multiple layers of fabric. This saves a lot of time on the cutting process. And you can be sure that your cuts are accurate and precise.
Professional artists can also use fabric cutting machines for their projects. With electronic models, you can upload your own designs and bring your ideas to life. You can use the fabric cutter for montage art, card creation, laser cutter projects and more.
I hope this list of the best fabric cutting machines helped you find the fabric cutter that suits your needs. Happy quilting!
What to Seek For in the Fabric Cutting Machines?
The best fabric cutting machines rely on the variety of DIY designs you want to serve.
• The Size of The Machine
A larger picture indicates you will require more area for saving your fabric cutting machine. On the other hand, a more modest machine will be more compact and more accessible to stock.
A smaller device gives sense if you intend on employing it occasionally. And purpose on running on smaller designs such as embroidering rectangles and crafting sheets. If you need to operate on designs that demand larger items, financing in a larger device is worth it.
A foldable machine is an exceptional bargain. You will be equipped to cut broader items of cloth. And will require less storehouse area once the device is undetached.
Most framework cutting devices enable you to form a cloth, fiber, and other delicate stuff. You can utilize any fabric cutting machine for trimming paper once you modify the blade. A more fulfilling cutting machine will likewise empower you to form several sheets of fabric at once. This is a highlight that will serve your spare moment, particularly if you want to create numerous embroidering creations.
Make sure you can comfortably modify frameworks such as the edge length to obtain accurate effects with diverse elements.
• Manual, Digital, Or Electric?
Digital fabric cutting machines lead to be pricier, but you can create more with these prototypes. A digital machine will attain with pre-organized outlines and patterns you can apply for cutting cloth and paper. Most digital examples provide you the opportunity to download added templates. Or to produce your pictures on a PC or gadgets.
Manual fabric cutting machines are more economical and more comfortable to use. All you must execute is inject the die you desire to practice. And then turn an arm or control to make your fabric. You can cut numerous panels of cloth at once. And can apply more templates and ideas if you are set to spend in extra dies.
If you need all the advantages of a manual machine without having to manipulate a tool to cut framework. Then seek into taking an electronic design. An electric cutting machine runs just like a manual one. Except that it utilizes electrical energy to cut fabric or paper.
If you are considering taking a manual fabric cutting machine, exert the time to view the dies incorporated with the device. Most machines attain with several dies so you can produce various forms and operate with diverse measurements. If attainable, take a device from a reputable label that grants a large assortment of dies. And attachments you can acquire individually. So you might not hold any value for these dies at the instant.
Things to Check When you Buy a Die Cutting Machine for Cutting Fabrics:
Die-cutting machines come at different prices, some of them are cheap, on the other hand, some of them are expensive. So, if you want to buy a die cutter for basic jobs,
I mean you don’t want to cut too much, then you can select a cheap one, but, if you want to buy a heavy-duty die cutter, I mean you have a lot of fabric to cut, then buy an expensive one!
It’s an important thing to look at when you purchase a new die cutting machine, think first, what types of materials you want to cut with it.
If you select a cutter that is only perfect for paper and fabric, then you’re not going to use it for other materials. So, we think you should select one which is perfect for different types of materials.
Die-cut machines come with a variety of features, so before you purchase one, check the product features, and then purchase one a die cutter, that has all the features you want to have.
All of these seven die cutters for fabric are top-rated and best as well, so if you want you can select any-one from the list.
Now we hope this content going to save your time & money, and you can easily select the best die cutter, but we recommend you Sizzix Big Shot Plus Die Cutting and Embossing Machine For Fabric,
AccuQuilt GO Die Fabric Cutter, and AccuQuilt GO! Big Electric Fabric Cutter Starter Set with GO! Flying Geese Die.
Thank you so much for reading this die-cut machine review content, keep well, see you soon with another review content!