Blenders can be workhorses in the home cook’s kitchen. Blend, grind, crush, purify, liquefy and, of course, mix. They can make soups for dinner, smoothies for breakfast, and frozen treats for dessert. Despite all the work a blender can do, there is one thing he doesn’t do so well: be quiet. But not all blenders are loud. In fact, some companies have worked hard to make blenders that are quiet or don’t emit as many decibels as their competitors.
Quiet blenders allow you to make morning juice or strawberry sauce before someone gets up at your house, and it won’t wake you up in the process. Here, we have written about the best silent blenders that you can buy right now. Each has noise reduction technology which makes it a great buy if he’s trying to mix without vibrating the whole house. Read on to learn more about the four best silent blenders you can buy.
Our Top Pick
Last update on 2022-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 Best Quietest Blender To Buy In 2021
Last update on 2022-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 Best Quietest Blender Review
- Blendtec blenders are built to the highest professional standards. Our blades are 80% thicker and 10x stronger than other blender blades. No tamper/plunger needed. Professional-grade countertop or in-counter professional blender with 1-touch timed and pre-programmed cycles for smoothies, shakes, soups, crushed ice, juicer, ice cream maker, mixer, and self-cleaning.
- The Pro 800 is capable of achieving 3.8 peak horsepower under laboratory conditions.
- 120 volts
- Customizable Preprogrammed Cycles: 30 pre-programmed one-touch cycles + pulse for just about any recipe. Not just a smoothie blender, use specific cycles to make anything from fresh whole juice to cappuccinos, soups, margaritas, bread dough, sauces, dressings, and much more. Downloadable tool allows for creation of unlimited number of customized recipes.
- Save Time and Money: Connoisseur 825 is built to meet the unique needs of the professional customer. Each feature delivers simple operation and is designed to reduce over all cost.
- Patented Blade/80% Thicker: Stainless-Steel forged blade, with wings, for amazingly smooth blends (10X stronger than other blender blades). Note: Blade is not sharp, blade is dull. No more cuts and pokes. Includes BPA-free and impact resistant WildSide+ jar with extra-wide base and narrow fifth "wild" side for a faster, smoother blend. The WildSide+ Jar is a 90 oz volume jar with 36 oz blending capacity (wet or dry).
- Blendtec Sound Enclosure: Make quiet blending possible in the home and in high volume shops. Top and back portions completely cover blocking sound for high volume blends with low noise.
- 3 year . An American company, family-owned and driven to build the best quality products - without compromise. Engineered and assembled in the USA. Electrical Ratings: Watt 1800, Volts 120, Hz 50-60, Amp 15, Cord: 60inches/5 feet
- Variable speed control: ten variable speeds allow you to refine every texture with culinary precision, from the smoothest purées to the heartiest soups
- Pulse feature: layer coarse chops over smooth purées for heartier recipes, such as chunky salsas or Thick vegetable soups.
- The 48-ounce container is ideal for blending medium batches for small family meals. Thermal protection system
- Hardened stainless-steel blades: our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results.
- Self-cleaning: with a drop of dish soap and Warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds. Power - 120 V
- NINJA’S MOST POWERFUL SYSTEM: Ninja's Most Powerful Blender system that crushes, food processes, and makes smoothie bowls and dough – all in one base.
- SMARTTORQUE TECHNOLOGY: Powerful 1400-peak-watt power-dense motor that powers through heavy loads without stalling or the need to stir or shake.
- 6 VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: 6 preset Auto-iQ programs for one-touch smoothies, extractions, bowls, spreads, chopping, and dough.
- AUTO-IQ TECHNOLOGY: take the guesswork out of drink making with intelligent programs that combine unique timed pulsing, blending, and pausing patterns that do the work for you.
- VARIABLE SPEED CONTROL: Start slow and ramp up as needed for precision chopping and mixing.
- 【Quiet and Soundproof 】 Wantjoin quiet and soundproof shield professional blender reduce noises and also no splatter and leaking while your blending. This heavy duty commercial blender adopts with big volume pitcher 80oz (2.2L, 8 Cups) which suitable for family and party .And easy dealing with smoothie,ice cream,salsa,sauce,nuts,hummus,shakes and baby food and fitness persons
- 【Powerful blade and Strong 2200W motor 】Wantjoin professional countertop blender use powerful blade and 2200W motor together with dual direction blade technology for powerful blending and consistent energy.High speed professional countertop blender for shakes and smoothies 38000 RPM, built-in Pulse& 15-speeds control.for your selections
- 【Beautiful design exquisite outlook 】Wantjoin industry strong power blender adopts exquisite outlook and a shield cover ,helpful to escape from noise and meet demands for restaurants,hotels,snack shops, cafes, coffee shops, bars, anywhere that would benefit from a relaxing, customer-focused environment will get satisfaction from the blender
- 【Lid of Feeding hole in half- way】Wantjoin blender leave a feeding hole in the top of the shield cover and also leave a lid for that ,easy to put material ingredients from the top lid; the tamper fits through lid to help blending denseness ingredients. This powerful blender comes with overheat protection and self-cleaning design. Release your hand
- 【Mechanical buttons】This blender is Mechanical model and WantJoin also offer digital display model ,and we also offer spare pitcher/cups ,and we offer US plug with 110V with this link ,and if you need UK,EU plug with 220V ,you could leave us messages
- Automated Blending: Five pre-programmed settings ensure simple cleaning, walk-away convenience, and consistent results for smoothie, frozen dessert, soup, and purée recipes.
- You're in Control: Variable Speed Control and Pulse feature let you manually fine-tune the texture of any recipe;Cord: 6 ft
- Low-Profile 64-ounce Container: Perfect for family meals and entertaining, while fitting comfortably under most kitchen cabinets. Electrical Ratings - 120 V, 50-60 Hz, 12 Amps
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results.
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds. What's in the Box: motor base, low-profile 64 oz. container, cookbook, low-profile tamper.HP: 2.2-peak
- [ Quiet and Soundproof ] CRANDDI K90 blender is come with a thicken soundproof shield cover to reduce the noise to less 70db(within 1 meter) and avoid any splatter or leaking while blending.
- [ 80oz Large Capacity ] CRANDDI quite commercial blender has large 80oz capacity(2.2L,8 Cups), designed specifically for blending up large quantities of smoothies, shakes, or other drinks.
- [ 2200W Motor ] CRANDDI K90 motor produces 3HP max 2200 watt of power, 38,000 RPM can even turn ice cubes into snowflakes. The 6-leaf 3D blades assembly and dual direction technology create a vortex blending effect. Built-in pulse and automatic shut off smart technology. 15-speeds control.
- [ Heavy Duty Commercial Blender ] Cover height: 19.8"!! This smoothie blender is designed to do not only the basic functions that a household blender can perform, but also can pass as food processor and juice maker. It's very tall. Doesn't fit on counter under cabinet.
- [ Healthy, Safety and Easy Cleaning ] CRANDDI K90 pitcher is made of food-grade plastic with 5.0mm thickness that practically unbreakable. The pitcher sensor protects the engine and your safety. Self-cleaning help you release your hand, just add a drop of dish soap and water then pulse. Offer 1 year warranty and cups/ tamper/ cookbook and user manual.
- Variable Speed Control: Ten variable speeds allow you to refine every texture with culinary precision, from the smoothest purées to the heartiest soups
- Pulse Feature: Layer coarse chops over smooth purées for heartier recipes, such as chunky salsas or thick vegetable soups
- Low-Profile 64-ounce Container: Perfect for family meals and entertaining, while fitting comfortably under most kitchen cabinets
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds.
- ✔【SOUND ENCLOSURE】WantJoin Professional Blender with Shield Quiet Sound Enclosure,Through the design of all-wrapped soundproof cover, the sound can be blocked to realize low-noise and large-volume mixing, which makes it possible to mix quietly at home and in a large number of shops, and the soundproof cover can be easily disassembled, making it possible to feed and stir.
- ✔【Multifunctional commercial mixer】Our multifunctional mute mixer can be used as ice cream machine, milkshake machine, smoothie machine and ice crusher. As a blender, it can mix various vegetables, fruits, nuts and grains, quickly extract vitamins from these ingredients, and fully mix them.
- ✔【Unique Design】Red fuselage, PC square big cup, unbreakable, thick sound insulation cover, bottom three-side circulating exhaust, stainless steel mirror panel, unique design, giving the kitchen the freshest color and noble style.
- ✔【Automatic Juicer】DIY speed control, the panel is set to speed control mode, you can freely switch between min and max, making DIY and 100 kinds of dishes possible, suitable for Crushing Ice, Frozen Dessert, Soup,fish,etc.
- ✔【Instant cleaning】With a little soap and water, the WantJoin Professional Blender can be cleaned with the instant strengthening key, which is easy to clean. Under the action of instant powerful horsepower, it can get clean results every time.
- Crushes Ice and Frozen Ingredients Fast Powerful 1500 Watt/ 20 Peak Hp and Hardened, Stainless Steel Blades Works Through Hard Ingredients in Seconds
- Removable Quiet Shield Dampens Noise During the Blending Process; Infinite Speed Control Ranges From Super Slow 3,000 RPM to Fast 18,000 RPM
- 4 Program Settings Smoothie, Ice Crush, Puree, and Clean Offer One-Touch Convenience and Easy Cleanup Variable Speed Dial Provides Control
- 32 Oz Shatterproof Jar BPA-Free Jar Included Tamper Fits Through Lid to Help Bled Dense Ingredients
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts the Blender Jar, Lid and Tamper Are All Dishwasher Safe as Well
Last update on 2022-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What is a Quiet Blender?
Blenders are important tools to spend money on while trying to live healthily. Living healthy involves eating healthy and nutritious foods, which also include drinks. A blender supports you as you walk along this path. A quiet blender is not necessarily one that works noiselessly. It simply refers to blenders that are comparably noiseless compared to the rest. If you get such a blender, you will immediately notice that it is different from others you may have used. Such blenders tell you that it is possible to blend foods and juices without walking away with ears that threaten to stop functioning due to the volume of noise you just subjected them to.
What to look for
A quiet blender is one that allows you to hold a conversation with a friend or loved one while juicing without shouting at the top of your voice. In this regard, your focus should be on the decibel levels. Most of the blenders you see in the market today operate at decibel levels of around 88. You can only conduct human conversations at 68 decibels. For this reason, your choice of blenders should be limited to those with between 68-70 decibels. Anything higher than this would mean working without any form of conversations with those around you.
The “quietest” blenders tend to be the ones with the necessary structural changes or features.
Quiet blenders cost more than the ordinary noisy ones. The high cost is the consequence of the buyer interested in such types of blenders. For the most part, quiet blenders are quite popular with restaurants and eateries. The biggest buyers tend to be commercial enterprises. Otherwise, customers would take off every time a noisy blender is switched on since the shock to the system would be too much to bear! Often, quiet blenders are commercially graded. What this means is they produce huge quantities of juices and smoothies and are easy to clean. In this guide i will help you find the quietest blender.
Professional Blender is it Worth it?
A professional blender is designed to withstand more cycles of use. In a café, a commercial blender can perform 200 cycles per day. On the other hand, a home use covers around 1-5 cycles a day. More cycles increases how fast the mechanical components will deteriorate over time. This deterioration pace directly translates onto the length of warranty of the blender.
- Pick a commercial blender and you can expect your warranty to last from 1-3 years.
- Pick a home use blender and you can expect a 5-10 years warranty.
Commercial blenders offer timers and programmable controls to optimize labor time for repetitive tasks. While, home blenders focus on the essentials in terms of customization.
A commercial blender is more reliable, powerful, durable, and versatile. Thus, they are more expensive.
Is your usage limited to residential use? Then, you can skip the commercial models and focus on the key features available on quiet personal blender.
WHAT ARE THE QUIETEST BLENDERS? (AND WHAT MAKES THEM QUIET)
Let’s take a look at what makes a given blender quiet. We’ll discuss what are the quietest blenders, as well as what exactly makes them efficient at reducing noise.
One of the first things you should look for when it comes to the best quiet blenders is sound enclosures or a quiet shield. These are lids that can go over the blending pitcher during use to reduce the noise level while in use.
Ideally, the noise shield should be removable. That way, when it comes time to clean it, all you need to do is pull the sound shield off and wash it wherever you’re most comfortable.
Some examples of the best quiet blenders with sound shields or a quiet shield would be the Vitamix Quiet One or the Blendtec Pro 800. These are models that come from extremely reputable blender manufacturers with a lot of experience.
Aside from shields and a sound enclosure, another thing you can factor in is the design of the blending jar itself. Some jar shapes and materials naturally produce higher noise levels during the blending process.
Consider how ingredients sound when they’re hitting the sides of a glass jar as opposed to a plastic one, for example. Harder ingredients, like those used in frozen treats, can produce a ringing sound when they hit glass.
Sometimes, a narrower shape can also help reduce noise, too, because there’s less room for ingredients to get thrown around.
Blenders with powerful motors are usually our choice. With more watts at your disposal, you can trust that your blender can crush just about anything you can throw at it, from seeds to leafy greens to thick milkshakes.
The drawback to a powerful motor with a lot of blending power, though, that they tend to lead to higher decibel ratings. Think about it: a smaller motor will generally make less noise during use.
Blenders are no exception. This is why smaller, personal-sized smoothie makers, for instance, tend to be quieter than large and powerful blenders.
A couple examples of blenders with motors that will allow them to run more quietly would be the Hamilton Beach Personal Blender and the Ninja Personal Blender.
It’s worth noting that powerful motors can still be beneficial when it comes to reducing noise levels, too. Because they can blend more quickly, the time spent blending is reduced.
The wattage of the motor isn’t the only thing you should pay attention to as you consider blenders. The enclosure encasing the motor is also something that deserves attention.
It’s this enclosure that helps protect and house the motor. A well-designed enclosure can prevent the loud noise of the motor running from bothering you.
High-end blenders typically have fan cooling systems built into them. This helps keep the blender nice and cool during use, even when you use it for a long time at once.
However, as you might already know, fans can make a lot of noise. The airflow is helpful for blender maintenance, but the fact is, they can get loud.
This is why fans that are designed to operate quietly will be worth considering when volume is your greatest concern.
Just like motor strength, the power of the blades is worth consideration, too. Stronger blades will be able to chop through tough ingredients like grains and spices more quickly.
Because it won’t take as long to blend your creations, you won’t need to worry about volume being loud for long. Vitamix, for instance, is an example of a brand that makes blenders with reliable, long-lasting, and sharp blades.
Blade Quality and Speed
The blade speed is controlled by the gear drive system and the motor. Greater speed or RPM, enables faster and more efficient blending.
Models with increased power output can create enough heat via friction, to transform previously raw ingredients into a delicious hot soup. Similarly they can make excellent frozen desserts such as ice creams and sorbets.
Blades should be made of the highest-quality stainless steel for strength, durability, and rust-resistant properties. Not all blades are sharp, see the Blendtec model for example, but those that are should be regularly maintained so as not to impede performance.
Beware, not all blenders will fit beneath standard kitchen cabinets. Check the dimensions of your chosen blender to ensure it will.
The capacity of the blender jug also varies between models, consider this if you need to blend a smoothie for each day, or prepare soup for the family.
‘Limited’, the word that features in many warranties and means you should take a look at the small print to see what is covered.
Most often, companies that offer very long warranties of 5+ years on electrical appliances, really believe in their product and aren’t afraid to back it.
Further Ways Reduce Noise Levels of a Blender
The most powerful blenders emit exceptionally high amounts of noise, some operate at 93dB. That is equivalent to the noise the gardener hears whilst pushing a power mower.
There are measures worth attempting if you can no longer bear the noise.
Move the blender as far away from a wall as possible. All sound waves are looking for a solid surface to bounce off and reflect into the room. Make their journey more difficult.
Double-folding a dishtowel beneath the blender will help to absorb much of the airborne noise that’s created.
How Quiet Blenders are Constructed
If you’ve stuck with us until this point, you will have realized that a designated ‘quiet’ blender comes at a premium price. If you’re wondering about the reason for the price hike, it helps to understand the technologies and equipment involved in noise reduction.
Energy Star Design
Powerful motors that achieve Energy Star design standards operate with less friction. Friction creates noise, so not only is sound-reduced, but the blender also becomes more energy-efficient.
State of the art insulation material is used to line the sound chamber within the base unit. It creates a lining that absorbs excessive noise.
Recent years have seen the introduction of noise-reduction polymers as the material of choice for constructing blending jars.
They are shatter-proof materials that behave like glass but their thick construction prevents sound transmission. When combined with a tight-fitting seal, any sound created inside the jar, remains inside the jar.
This is the option of the most elite, and dare I say most expensive brands. By employing a sound enclosure or shield that surrounds the blending jug, and escaped sound waves are effectively trapped inside by creating dead-space. This is similar to how double or triple-paned windows work.
Increased costs arrive when manufacturers use a combination, if not all of these techniques to greatly reduce sound levels of a quiet blender.
Tricks to Quiet Your Loud Blender
If you have already purchased a blender then you realize later that it is very noisy, here are some tricks that you can use to tone it down a little.
1. Place the blender on a dish towel or silicon mat
The most commonly used trick is to place the blender on a soft pad. This acts as sound and vibration dampener that absorbs these before they hit the underlying surface and get amplified throughout the room.
2. Position it away from the wall
This has all to do with echo. When placed in a small, enclosed room or very close to a wall, the sound produced may bounce off of them and seem louder than it actually is.
3. Use low-speed settings
The primary reason for producing that irritating sound is the fast spinning action. Running the motor at a lower speed if possible will definitely help you quiet the blender a bit.
How To Choose The Quietest Personal Blender
Private blenders are designed to be lightweight, portable, simple, and simple to use. They’re usually built for 1 to 2 users and targeted at meal replacements and milkshakes for wellness customers. If you’re looking for a private mixer that will fit your requirements, you can consider some things like strength, washing, volume, capacity, attachments, and costs to pick the quietest personal blender.
As the processor’s voltage is smaller, freezing and what would possibly crush most of the solid pieces. You would like to have a computer with a better hold on power when you love dense milkshakes. That being said, a low-powered design will fit well if you are much more of a carbohydrate expert. Though its cost of private mixers is lower to balance any expenditure, a greater voltage is better.
Currently, the private mixer is made from BPA-free plastic and is quickly washed in the dryer. Some mixing boxes are high and wide or are lower closer than the edge. What can not wash small bottles manually, but a liquid cleaner works well with gunk weighed down. This will also begin to balance the jar with a little liquid and easily mix it. Please be mindful of the jar’s volume, and the type of your washing is a concern.
Personal blender are typically compact and actually take little room. The scale of the foundation, nevertheless, may be complicated depending on the venue. If you want an easily transportable design, find out if it is possible to carry this in a package.
The bottles of the mixing differ between the versions. Some of them are sporting bottles and some bowls. Search for a design with the same width if you’d like a bigger bandwidth. Often, some versions only have a bowl, and extra containers may be ordered or not.
Most people who buy personal mixers recall milkshakes. You’ll like an ice-cream and freezing cherry crush mixer. Some mixers have little capacity to incinerate ice efficiently. This problem will keep you shifting trapped pieces constantly and tossing the mixing pot.
Some private blenders are twisting and keep to be blended while some are shoulders. Take into account what you want and what is suitable for your requirements.
Some blender versions have supplementary buy accessories. You would like other boxes, glasses or drinks for your home. You likely would also like to learn if substitute products are available. While a mixer is not inherently a substantial cost, you do want the quality to last as well as possible.
How Loud Are Blenders Normally?
According to this study by Purdue university, blenders will produce around 70 dB. This starts getting into the annoyingly loud category where prolonged exposure can result in hearing damage. For comparison, it’s about as loud as a propeller plane flying 100 feet above you in the air.
If you’re at home, this probably isn’t a big deal, but if you’re a barista at Starbucks that’s constantly blending drinks, it could become an issue. Of course, it also depends on how far away you are from the noise.
Generally speaking, we tend to be pretty close to the things we’re blending and there isn’t much a buffer unless you have one of the units on this list or a self-made quiet shield.
Why Are They Loud?
Blenders are loud because of two main reasons.
- Food crushing – If you’ve ever blended something like chickpeas to make flour, then you’ll know that the sound can be absolutely horrendous. The blades cutting into a hard object at high speeds is jarring and hurts your ears.
- Vibrations –The motor also produces loud vibrations outside of anything that the blades do. These vibrations echo off of other surfaces reflecting the sound and causing disturbance and harm to your ears. This is why you can use a towel and a mat to dampen the sound.
Is there a Blender that Doesn’t Make Noise?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a blender that’s perfectly silent. By their very nature, with vigorous motors and spinning blades, they have to make some amount of noise. You can’t expect your blender to make no sound at all when you use it to do something like puree vegetables!
However, there are certain designs that lead to a blender that blends quietly. As we mentioned previously, this usually comes down to sound shields, motor power, jar design, and the motor enclosure.
Which Ninja Blender is the Quietest?
Ninja is a manufacturer that makes tons of products with amazing functionality. As such, they have plenty of blenders to choose from, but many of them aren’t necessarily designed for low noise output.
We actually included a Ninja blender on this list, so that’s one we’d recommend if you’re looking for one that won’t wake up your housemates. The Ninja blender we recommended is the Ninja Personal Blender.
It’s important to note that this blender is designed for making personal servings. Its blending containers may not be large enough to make batches for your whole family. To see other options check out our best Ninja blender post.
While we feel that each blender on this list deserves it place, you’re probably still wondering which one we would say is the best quiet blender. Each blender here is excellent, but there is one we’d pick as the best and quietest blender out of them all.
If your budget allows for it, we suggest picking the Vitamix Quiet One Blender. It’s tough, has a generous 48-oz container, and is of course the best quiet blender on the market today.
We understand that the price tag that generally comes with Vitamix blenders isn’t always possible, though. If you’re looking for the quietest blender on a budget, we recommend choosing the Hamilton Beach Shield Blender. By going with this blender, you’ll be getting the best quiet blender with a more affordable price point.
Another great budget-friendly option for the quietest blender is the Ninja Personal Blender. Frankly, it might be a bit louder than alternatives with a sound shield, but a gentler motor means that it will still run fairly quietly.