So you want to renovate your old shower and you are looking for some of the best brands and models of showers and shower faucets on the market.
Well, look no further, because here you have a complete list with some interesting facts that will help us get the best quality and the best brands and models of Shower Faucets on the market.
Our Top Pick
Last update on 2022-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 Best Shower Faucets To Buy In 2021
Last update on 2022-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 Best Shower Faucets Review
- Material: Maximum Flow Rate:1.46gpm. 5.5L/min.brass and High-quality Stainless Steel SUS304 Rain Shower Head and Solid Brass Pressure Balancing Shower Mixer Valve construction ensuring durability and dependability
- Function: With adoption of innovative air injection technology, the large 10 inch raining sprinkler mixes water with air to increase the water pressure to 100%, and simulates the natural raining to provide you with natural contact of water experience
- Install:Wall mounted.Come with clear install instruction.
- Include:10 inch Square rain shower head, handheld shower head 1.5M shower hose,shower holder, water control valve,install hardware include.
- Service:LIFETIME WARRANTY.You can install with confidence, knowing this backed by gotonovo Faucet's Lifetime Warranty.
- Trim kit only, must order MultiChoice Universal rough-in separately to complete the unit
- Monitor pressure balance valve keeps water temperature within a safe +/-3degrees F (+/-1.6degrees C), helping to protect you from sudden changes in hot or cold water pressure
- Single function operation
- Single lever handle for ease of temperature control
- Meets standards set by Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- ROUGH INCLUDED: The Delta MultiChoice Universal Shower Valve (included) is compatible with most Delta shower trim kits, so you can switch out or upgrade your shower fixture without tearing out expensive tile or altering plumbing behind the wall
- HAND SHOWER AND SHOWER HEAD IN ONE: The In2ition 2-in-1 Dual Shower allows you to use the hand shower with hose separately or securely docked for a luxurious and versitile showering experience
- 4 POWERFUL SPRAY OPTIONS: Shower head spray settings include full body spray, massaging spray, full body spray with massage, pause
- PROTECTION FROM SUDDEN TEMPERATURE CHANGES: The Monitor Pressure-Balanced Valve Cartridge (included) ensures a consistent shower temperature by balancing the pressure of both hot and cold water, so no sudden temperature changes from toilet flushing or running appliances
- LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY: You can install with confidence, knowing this Delta shower head and shower trim kit are backed by Delta Faucet's Lifetime Limited Warranty
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Chrome finish is highly reflective for a mirror-like look that works with any decorating style
- VALVE REQUIRED: This trim kit requires valve 2510, 2520, 2570, or 2590 to complete installation
- LONGSTANDING FLEXIBILITY: Built on the Moen M-PACT common valve system, allowing you to update the faucet style in the future without replacing any plumbing
- WATERSENSE CERTIFIED: Meets EPA WaterSense criteria to conserve water without sacrificing performance
- ADA COMPLIANT: Complies with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) specifications
- 🚿Black Shower Head and Handle Set: Stainless steel 6" shower head and Single lever handle for ease of temperature control shower fixtures.
- 🚿Matte black shower faucet Designed for use with standard U.S. plumbing connections
- 📢note: This kit does not include bathtub faucet
- 🚿UNIVERSAL TYPE: 1/2" NPT thread shower arm, standard in the USA. Simply screw on and turn on your new waterfall shower Regaderas Para bBaño Modernas.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - We are confident that you will love your sidekick shower system for its unique premium quality. If you have any questions, please send e-mail to us. We standby for you at anytime.
- 【IMPORTANT! ! !】WRISIN tub shower shower set are only suitable for bathroom remodeling or renovation, and are not compatible with other brands of valves/cartridges, if you want to install our shower faucets, you have to remove the old shower fixtures (you need to tear out the tiles or altering the plumbing behind the wall)
- 【Bathtub Faucet set with Rain Shower head】WRISIN tub and shower faucet combo with a 6-inch single-function rain shower head, The high-pressure shower head gives you an efficient shower experience. (Flow rate: 1.8 GPM, 6.8 L/min at 60 PSI)
- 【Warm and Nice shower】The black shower faucet come with a pressure balance valve, which is able to ensure that there's an even water flow and the right temperature. You can calmly continue singing in the shower ― without the risk of being burned or getting a cold shock.
- 【Tub Spou with Diverter】The tub spout is made of superior metal, sturdy and durable for a long lifetime. The large flow of water will fill the bathtub within a few minutes, creating an efficient shower experience.
- 【High-quality Shower Valve Included】The valve body is constructed of brass ensuring dependability and longevity, with the function of water flow adjustment, which is able to prevent water hammer noise and protect the pipe from bursting.
- Monitor pressure balance valve keeps water temperature within a safe ±3.6° F (±1.7° C), helping to protect you from sudden changes in hot or cold water pressure
- Monitor 14 Series single-function pressure balance cartridge
- Spray setting: Full Body Spray
- Soft, rubber Touch-Clean spray holes allow you to easily wipe away calcium and lime buildup from the spray face of your shower head with the touch of a finger
- Trim kit only, must order MultiChoice Universal valve rough (R10000 series) separately to complete the unit
- This Two Handle Tub and Shower Faucet Trim Kit has a simple design but will complement a wide variety of bathroom or bathtub decor. A perfect addition or upgrade to your bathroom.
- Stay comfortable in the shower with this tub and shower faucet set that has 1.8 GPM will give you a constant water flow and temperature featuring a washerless cartridge that prevents water dripping.
- Designed with two easy-to-turn acrylic round handles with marked cursive "hot" and "cold" stamping while single-function showerhead for simple operation with diverter tub spout included.
- This Tub and Shower faucet set is crafted from durable, lead free brass and contains drip free, washerless cartridges in polished chrome finish. Inclusion of single showerhead, two Acrylic shower knobs and bathtub faucet with shower diverter.
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Be confident in the quality and construction of each and every one of our products. We ensure that all of our products are produced and certified to regional, national and international industry standards. We are proud of the products we sell, you will be too.
- VALVE Included: Single handle design perfect finishing touch to your NEW & NEWLY REMODELED bathroom. Cast from high-quality BRASS, durable and will NOT rust. Lifetime Warranty.
- 2 in 1 Shower Head Combo: Each shower features oversize 4.375 Inch large face with click lever dial and rub-clean jets. 6 Settings include: Power Rain, Massage, Stay-Warm Mist, Water-saving Economy Rain and Pause.
- Overhead Shower Head with Diverter: The overhead shower head has a Patented 3-way Water Diverter with Anti-Swivel Lock Nut. Angle-Adjustable Overhead Bracket allows you to flexibly adjust the angle of the handheld shower holder within 180 degree. The shower angle can be easily adjusted to suit children and adults, providing a perfect shower experience for every family member.
- Prevent Water Hammer: This pressure balance valve has built-in Shut Off Stops to effectively prevent water hammer noise and control the water pressure. Pressure balance valve's cartridge monitor water pressure balance, helping to protect you from being scalded by sudden changes in hot or cold water pressure.
- 35-Pattern Shower Modes: Use luxurious 6-settings overhead shower head and 6-settings hand shower separately or both together! Choose from 35 full and combined water flow patterns.
- Quality Promise: All-metal sturdy construction. Mixing valve made of solid brass with rust-free, long-life characteristics. 304 Stainless Steel Rain Shower Head with silicone nozzles allows you to wipe away mineral deposits with the swipe of a finger.
- Prevent Water Hammer: This pressure balance valve has built-in two check valves to effectively eliminate water hammer noise. Pressure balance valve's cartridge monitors water pressure balance, helping to protect you from being scalded by sudden changes in hot or cold water pressure.
- Install with Confidence: SR SUN RISE Shower System has cUPC Certification and compliance with the following standard(s): ASME A112.18.1-2018/CSA B125.1-18. Designed for use with standard 1/2" U.S. plumbing connections. Approved by the California Energy Commission.
- Ultimate High Pressure Shower: Thanks to the ultra-thin design of the rain shower, even in a low water pressure environment, when the water flows out after being squeezed through the ultra-small space, it can also achieve a high water pressure rain shower experience.
- 100% Satisfaction Support: 10 Years Warranty, any product quality problem can be guaranteed free of charge and shower cartridge is permanently replaced free of charge. SR SUN RISE always stand by each consumers. Please feel free to contact us if any question, we will respond within 24 hours.
Last update on 2022-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What Kind of Shower Experience Do You Want?
For most homes, a shower head and valve with some basic upgrades is going to be appropriate for most home owners. This helps you get an upgraded look for your shower, a better overall showering experience, and you can do so even on a small budget. What you’ll want to look for are the specific features that you’ll want with your shower experience.
- Rainfall showers. These showers place the fixture directly above your head and simulate rainfall. These are generally lower pressure water streams, but the head itself on the shower fixture is wider – sometimes 10 inches or even more. This lets you have a full body experience that is gentle and soothing instead of being forced to have part of your body being cold.
- Multi-choice showers. These shower heads let you alter the spray pattern based on the needs you have. Want a gentle mist? Maybe a hard, massaging spray? This is the best shower faucet for families that have varying needs, but only one bathroom to share.
- Multiple spray jets. Some shower fixtures come with a shower head and spray jets that accompany the showering experience. Instead of just getting one stream of water, you can get three or more depending on your installation! The best part about these showers is that the low-end multiple jet setups are about the same price as the high end single shower fixtures.
- Electronic showers. From Bluetooth speakers to LED lights, the water coming out of the shower head is a source of power for certain electronic devices. Play your favorite songs, take calls, or put on a light show with these unique shower fixtures.
What will be the best shower faucet for you? Take a look at all of these shower experiences, take in our comprehensive reviews, and then select the perfect fixture for your home!
How Do You Find the Best Shower Fixtures?
The beginning of your journey towards the best shower fixtures is with the reviews you will find right here. Our fact-based approach allows you to quickly see what shower faucets will have the ability to meet all of your needs. Find the best one and the best price and then you’ll be able to begin the upgrade process!
The space you have for your shower fixture is also an important part of the evaluation process. If you have a small, compact showering area, a large shower faucet might not be the best choice – even if it is what you want. The quality of your plumbing behind the wall is also an important part of the decision. Older plumbing is unable to support some of the heavy shower faucets that exist today without additional support. If you want a modern fixture to upgrade an older bathroom, you may need to install bracing within the wall to accomplish this.
A final consideration is in regards to the style of shower that you have. If your showering area does not have tile or fiberglass that covers the entire wall and ceiling above the showering area, than faucets that provide misting or have excessive splash may need to be avoided because the extra moisture can lead to mildew and mold development. When left untreated, this may cause repairs to your bathroom that can increase your overall maintenance costs.
What Are the Benefits of the Best Shower Faucets?
The primary benefit that every household receives with the best shower fixtures working for them is a high quality, relaxing experience. When you turn the water on for your shower, you’ll be able to have confidence in the fact that you can get the shower you need when you want it.
The best shower faucets will also give you a high powered spray without using a lot of water. With modern air pressure technology in a shower head, faucets provide water usage as low as 1 gallon per minute while providing a showering experience that is reflective of a water flow that is 3x or 4x greater. This ensures that you’ll get the high quality, relaxing experience every single time!
The best shower faucets also include self-cleaning technology to remove the lime scale and mineral build-up automatically. In some models, there are rubber nozzles that you can press to quickly clear the shower head of the build-up so that you don’t have to worry about your heavy duty cleaners damaging your new shower fixture.
The final benefit? Your happiness! The best shower faucets help you relax in your preferred way.
What Are the Prices of Today’s Best Shower Faucets?
The best shower fixtures today have a wide range of prices based on the features that you want to have with. You can purchase a basic shower fixture that will consistently meet all of your needs on Amazon for about $30 right now and enjoy the investment. On the other end of the spectrum, there are dual shower fixtures that provide multiple sprays and features that can exceed $200 in price! On average, however, a household can expect to pay about $60 for a high quality shower fixture with advanced features.
What Do Our Reviews Have to Say?
This beautiful oil rubbed bronze shower faucet brings timeless elegance together with modern technology to give you one of the best shower experiences you’ve ever had! With simple lines, this fixture works with virtually any décor for a surprisingly affordable price.
It features hot water control technology so you won’t get scalded by temperature changes, keeping the water within a +/- 3 degree variance. The solid brass it’s made from ensures a high level of durability and the rainfall design is at an angle so that you get the best of both worlds.
This shower faucet and fixture set might seem a little plain when you first see it, but you’ll soon see that you can’t judge this book by its cover. It features an easy clean function to remove scale and build-up while a pressure balancing valve prevents a shock to your system as you’re trying to relax.
The soft curves of this design provide compatibly with many interior schemes and the level design of the temperature controls makes using this shower fixture easy. It’s well built and it’s really easy to install.
For an affordable, yet still classic showering experience, this could be one of the best shower fixtures for you. It has a 2 GPM flow for those that like a little extra water with their shower, yet it also meets WaterSense standards for conservation.
The faucet and the finish both have a lifetime limited warranty and when installed properly, this shower faucet is also ADA compliant. It works with standard plumbing fixtures, is well built, and will give you a durable fixture for your bathroom for years to come.
For a modern take on the rainfall shower, we highly recommend the Delta Dryden. It’s primary feature is the square raincan design of the shower head. It gives you one of the best drenching experiences available on the market today, giving you an invigorating shower every single time.
You will need to purchase a rough-in to complete the overall installation, but that’s a small price to pay considering the tremendous advantages this shower fixture has to offer. It is a great product at a great price and will give your bathroom a huge upgrade.
Moen PosiTemp Shower Fixture
If you want the ultimate in affordability, but still want to have a few features with your showering experience every morning, then you’re going to want this shower fixture. It features a pretty durable finish at this price point that comes in two color schemes for an added choice. The Easyclean spray nodules help to prevent hard water from clogging up the shower head and the lever handle is easy to install and use.
It isn’t going to outperform a $100 shower fixture, but at this price point, it is easily one of the best shower fixtures that you’re going to be able to find today.
Why Look at The Best Brands in Shower Faucets
There are a few reasons as to why some brands are at the top; it is because their faucets and shower products are;
- Reliable – They will not stop functioning or break after a short while, leaving you with a useless product. After-sales services should also be available as well as a warranty.
- Functional – Top brands offer you faucets and shower accessories that work well and have many luxury functionalities as well.
- Look Good – A good quality and right brand faucet will not only perform, but it will be aesthetically pleasing and designed and finished off with care.
- High Quality – You can trust that the better brands offer you much better quality construction and materials used in the faucets and bathroom accessories.
Some Types of Faucets You Can Consider
- Rainfall Shower Faucet – This is a top favorite available in many of the top brands today. Usually, a wide square design drenches your entire body in water that mimics rainfall.
- Handheld Combo Faucet – This combination is much more versatile. The Shower Head that is fixed comes in many spray options and can be wall or ceiling mounted. You also have the additional handheld showerhead, which allows a bit more flexibility in the shower for many purposes.
- Adjustable Head Shower Faucet – Some Shower Faucet designs are adjustable in height and not just a fixed option.
- Single Function Shower Faucet – This is your most basic and budget-friendly option, which only has one spray option and comes in a lovely vintage style as well as other styles.
- Tub and Shower Faucet Set – If you have a tub and shower in one, then this is the perfect design for you in a new faucet. Many of the best brands also design Faucets sets specifically designed to use as a multiple tub and shower set.
- Ceiling Mounted or Wall Mounted Shower Faucet – There are two options that you will need to consider in the Fixed Shower faucet. Wall Mounted, which is attached to the wall, or Ceiling mounted. This, of course, also depends on the shower system that you do have already.
Features of a Good Shower Faucet
- Materials – Zinc, plastic, Aluminium, Alloy and Stainless steel are all excellent material options in a good quality Faucet for your shower.
- Finish – The finish can be Chrome, Polished or shiny, Brass, Brushed Nickel, or just the original stainless steel; the choice is up to you; there are also usually color options available in certain brands and models to choose from.
- Additional – Additional features can include a handheld combination option, LED lighting., LED/LCD display panel for operation of settings and temperatures, and even a gran bar included in a matching design.
- Spray – there are different designs in showerheads, either round square or large square, which may have different spray settings, from massaging and rainfall to mist and high-pressure spray settings.
The Most Important Features to Consider
- Self Cleaning
We love shower faucets with self-cleaning, rubberized spray nozzles. This helps reduce lime, mineral deposit, and hard water buildup that could affect water flow if not treated over time.
- Temp and Flow Control
For strong pressure, look for shower faucets with a minimum flow rate of 2 gallons per minute. We also appreciate shower heads with different pressure settings. One commendable option is the Gabyrlly shower system with three pressure settings ranging from rainfall to a full massage. This is especially useful for large households with family members that have individual preferences.
- Wall Mount vs. Handheld Shower Faucets
Wall mount shower faucets are easily adjustable using a pivot and come with short or long arms. The Gabrylly Shower System has an extra long shower arm, great for larger people. Handheld shower faucets allow you to spray water exactly where you need it.
Shower faucets come in all types of finishes, including brushed nickel, chrome, stainless steel, nick, and matte black. Brushed finishes typically carry fewer fingerprints, and brass /nickel finishes are usually more elegant and cost more. Choose the finish based on how it compliments your bathroom decor.
- Water Temperature Guard
Some shower faucets come with built-in scald guards. This helps prevent sudden water temperature drops due to running sinks or flushing toilets. It is especially useful in larger households with kids running in and out of the bathroom in a frenzy.
Stainless steel and brass construction are our preference. If it includes plastic, our preference is on the use of ABS plastic which is very sturdy and holds up well with regular wear and year.
Gain peace of mind with long warranties. They help cover replacement faucet or faucet parts due to manufacturer defects. The best warranties on the list belong to the #1 Delta Faucet Windemere Single-Function Shower Faucet and the #5 Moen T2902EPBL Shower Faucet, each with limited lifetime warranties.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I use my shower head with any existing valve?
In the past years, it was almost impossible to share valves amongst shower heads. Over the years and with agreements, it is now possible to share valves with different types of showerheads. It is, however, worth to understand that not all producers are in agreement. You may therefore not miss finding some products which do not fit each other at all. A majority of them, yet, have opted for the sharing of these valuable resources.
2. What is GPM?
This is a unit of measurement used when measuring flowing water. The unit may, however, differ from region to region. GPM as abbreviated when written in full means Gallons per Minute. If for example, a shower releases water at 2.5 GPM, then it means that it releases 2.5 Gallons per Minute. There could be other units of measurement depending on your region. It is therefore important to learn how it is measured in your region so as to get the exact calculation.
3. Do all systems come with an installation guide?
Basically, that should be in the same package with the faucet itself. There are many cases however whereby you may open a product and fail to get one. That is majorly negligence on the part of the manufacturer and or the supplier. In case you miss to find one in the packaging, you can online open the manufacturers’ website. You will get important leads there on how to do the installation and any other information which you may need.
4. Is the flow restrictor removable?
A flow restrictor is placed in the system as a matter of convenience. It is used mostly to regulate the amount of water that flows out of the showerhead. If you do not wish to restrict the amount of water flowing out, then you can remove it. So yes the flow restrictor is removable. It can also be put back as and when the need arises.
5. When removing the shower valve, is it possible to remove it without tearing down the entire system?
Yes, it is possible to remove specific parts without having to dismantle the entire system. In most cases, the valve is concealed in a box. Look at the screws near where the box is located. Just unscrew them and remove the box. Open it and you are in the valves already. Putting the box back is pretty much the same procedure as removing it.
Upgrade your shower room today with any of the above shower faucets. Each of the above-described shower heads can work with each other. There are several factors to consider before selecting which shower head to buy. It is therefore worth investing in time to find out which product best suits your shower room.
When installing the showerhead and the faucet, always remember to adhere to the guidelines provided. The manual comes in handy with all the relevant information which you need to adhere to. This will enable you to do an excellent job. Give your shower a face lift today. I suggest that you go for any of the above products and have a better experience.