The humble power tower may have a simple design, but it’s a beast. They take up limited space (as long as you have a high enough ceiling) and are an effective way to really sculpt the muscles throughout your body if you’re up to the challenge. Simple designs provide users with a top bar for push-ups and push-ups, backs and elbow pads for push-ups to light up their core muscles, and padded handles for diving. They are typically super affordable in price, while providing users with challenging exercises that often require years of training to master.
In this guide, we have provided a list of some of the best power towers for sculpting a killer body without lifting a single barbell or bar.
Our Top Pick
Last update on 2021-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 Best Power Towers To Buy In 2021
Last update on 2021-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 Best Power Towers Review
- 【Multi Function】It is a multi-functional power tower that supports vertical knee raise, push-ups, dips as well as pull-ups, which help tone and target your arms, core, shoulders, chest, and back for a stronger upper body.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Humanized design with PU pads for elbow protection, and the armrest of this dip station is slightly inclined towards the inside 10 degree to prevent the elbow from slipping off.
- 【6 Gear Regulation Height】The height of pull up bar can be adjusted from 64.56" to 88.18", suitable for all adult fitness needs at home, office.
- 【7-Position Adjustable Backrest】7 adjustable holes(1.2"-6.7") in the supporting tube, back cushion of power tower can be adjusted before and after based on the people size.
- VERSATILE DIP STAND: The 4-station VKR Power Tower takes exercise back to the basics. Use it for vertical knee and leg raises, as a dip station, as a lat/pull-up bar, or as push-up bars. You'll have enough workout options to tone your entire body
- TONE MUSCLES: With so many different workout possibilities, you'll be able to easily do strength training, targeting specific muscle groups without the need for weights. Tone your shoulders, biceps, chest, legs, and even abdominal muscles
- NO WEIGHTS REQUIRED: Once you have this at-home fitness equipment set up, you'll be able to work out and circuit train easily without anything extra. Now you can easily build muscle and increase definition without purchasing expensive weights
- STURDY DESIGN: We designed this standing power tower with an H-frame base for enhanced stability so the user can perform exercises on either side. It also has 2 arched stability bars to make the steel frame sturdy. It measures 58.5" x 46.5" x 83"
- PERFECT FOR HOME: The Body Champ VKR Power Tower is perfect for use in a home gym, even if you have limited space. We offer this useful stand at a more affordable price than similar products that offer the same or fewer features
- Multi-station workout tower for working upper and lower body
- Chin-up and pull-up station with multiple grip positions
- Dip station for triceps; leg raise station for quads and lower abs
- Slip-resistant foot grips double as push-up bars; height-adjustable
- Padded back and arm cushions; sturdy base sets up almost anywhere
- VERSATILE DIP STAND: The 5-station VKR Power Tower takes exercise back to the basics. Use it for pull-ups/chin-ups, vertical knee raises, dips, push-ups, and sit-ups/crunches. You'll have enough workout options to tone your entire body.
- TONE MUSCLES: With so many different workout possibilities, you'll be able to easily do strength training, targeting specific muscle groups without the need for weights. Tone your quads, glutes, bicep and tricep muscles, lats, pecs, deltoids, and abs.
- NO WEIGHTS REQUIRED: With this home fitness equipment set up, you can easily work out and circuit train without weights or anything extra. Included accessories: 2 ab straps, 2 inverted pull-up sling straps, and a built-in sit-up bar.
- STURDY: This standing power tower has an H-frame base, 7 settings with adjustable dip handles, and 2 pull-up grip options. It also has arched stability bars to make the steel frame solid. It measures 84" x 43" x 48" and can support up to 300 lbs.
- PERFECT FOR HOME: The Body Champ VKR Power Tower is perfect for use in a home gym, even if you have limited space. We offer this useful stand at a more affordable price than similar products that offer the same or fewer features.
- 💪【ALL IN ONE MULTIFUNCTIONAL】The power tower creates a solid platform for you to lose inches and get fit. Do pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups, and dips in the privacy of your own home to achieve the shaped and toned body you desire.
- 💪【HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION】The capacity of the power tower: 330 LBS. Sturdy steel frame construction counter balances your body weight to keep you secured. Cushioned back provide superior comfort for your body.
- 💪【NON-SLIP PADS AND LEATHER CUSHION】The non-slip pads make the dip station stability, Customized design with back cushion and elbow pads, ensure safety during the workout for you and your loved ones.
- 💪【ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT】The pull up station has 6 adjustable height from 71.6'' to 91.3'' inches. Adjusting the suitable height, According to your height.
- 💪【100% SATISFACTION 】We provide 3 years' warranty and friendly customer service. If there is any question please feel free to contact us, our experienced customer service team will response in 24 hours ASAP.
- 5 WORKOUT STATIONS: Perform pull-ups, chin-ups, vertical knee raises, dips, and push-ups with this tower. Mixing up your fitness routine helps maximize your workout and keeps you from getting bored. Stay consistent with this multifunction tower
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT: This gym tower features comfort-driven back and forearm pads plus foam hand grips, so you can sweat it out with consistent gains. We want you to focus on your form and fitness—not pinching, uncomfortable equipment
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: This multifunction power tower has a sturdy steel frame construction and built-in 2 in 1 step up / push-up bars for smart safety. Designed in Southern California with your comfort and safety as priority
- SLEEK AND FUNCTIONAL: Luxe wrapped cushions in marbled faux leather with accented stitching bring comfort and style. We design our machines to be comfortable and sleek to fit into your home gym aesthetic. You'll look forward to training every time
- PRO-STYLE EQUIPMENT AT HOME: Bring gym-featured machines to your home gym without membership fees or crazy costs. If you want space-saving, high-quality workout equipment, add this to your daily routine and start your journey toward a healthier you
- 💪【Safety Locknut】In order to prevent the nut from falling off in case of vibration, we adopt the locknut to keep the screw to be tightened.
- 💪【9 Levels of Height Adjustment】The height adjustable range is 58.5-89''. The lowest level is designed for children and the power tower is suitable for the whole family workout. Its convenient for different age, shapes and sizes.
- 💪【4 Levels Backrest Adjustment】The back cushion can be easily adjusted to your workout comfort, The adjustable range is 7-9.6 inches.
- 💪【Multifunction】The dip station can support many kinds of exercise routines. Build triceps, chest and shoulder muscles along with incredible upper body strength. Easy to use. Suitable for all fitness and strength building workouts.
- 💪【Customer Service】We offer a ONE-YEAR WARRANTY on the main frame, and a LIFETIME WARRANTY on all other accessory parts. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us through E-mail:email@example.com.
- Gender Unisex Assembly Required Y Condition New Manufacturer Part Number WEBE99712 Color Multicolor Model WEBE99712 Fitness Goal Strengthen Core, Build Muscle, Tighten & Tone Brand Weider Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 57.00 x 31.00 x 84.00 Inches
- STURDY AND DURABLE: The solid power tower is made of thickened heavy duty steel construction with high-density foam rubber grips, armrests and antiskid screws. The square tube thicker and wider, which can holds up to 330lbs.
- MULTI-FUNCTION: This dip stands can support many kinds of exercises like Pull-ups, Dips, Chin-ups, Push-up, Knee raise, etc. It can train your muscles, arm, back, chest, shoulders and leg muscles. Suitable to use at home, office, gym or fitness room.
- 6 LEVELS TO ADJUST: The height of pull up bar can be adjusted from 76.4 to 84.3 inches. Achieve the level of fitness, upper-body strength and health you have always wanted, without the expensive gym fees.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED: 1. The stable upgrade fitness power tower removed back cushion support for safety. 2. Soft foam handles for a secure grip and no blisters on the hands. Thicken and wide added arm make your workout more comfortable.
- SERVICE: Make high quality products and be enthusiastic about every customer is our service purpose. If you don't like our products, we will give you an awesome service until the problem solved.
- Vertical Knee Raise Station; Step up and discover your inner 6 pack with this comfortable Vertical Knee Raise station
- Push Up Station; Get the most out of your push up workout with these padded, push up hand grips
- Multi Grip Pull Up Station; Get a grip wide, narrow, side to side and build better, stronger arms with this Multi Grip Pull Up Station
- Dip Station; Build triceps, chest and shoulder muscles along with incredible upper body strength
Last update on 2021-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What are Power Towers?
We’ve already discussed a bit of what a power tower does. But for the sake of those who still have an unclear idea of what it is, here goes. This gym gear is a slim piece of equipment that sort of looks like a tall table that was turned on its side, legs sticking out. It features a horizontal bar that connects the 2 sides, two hand grips and armrests located around the middle area of the equipment, and 2 handles near the bottom. The beauty of a power tower is that you’ll be using your own bodyweight to train your muscles.
Most Power Towers Will Have Four Basic Stations
The pull-up station is the horizontal bar where you can perform chin ups and pull ups to train the muscles at your back as well as strengthen the muscles in your shoulder and arms.
The push-up station consists of the two lower handles near the bottom of the tower. Due to the low handlebars, you can go deeper and get a more intense workout. You can also do shoulder taps which strengthen your arms and your core.
The dip station is the two hand grips in the middle area. It allows you to work out a variety of muscle groups through dip exercises such as your triceps, shoulders, and chest.
The VKR or vertical knee station is right there beside the dip station. Using the armrests and hand grips along with the backrest allows you to target your abs through a variety of exercises such as knee and leg raises.
What is more, power towers are great for those who enjoy doing body weight exercises but can struggle to maintain proper form. If you are keen to keep toned, or if you want to tone up and lose a few pounds then read on to find out about the top 10 best Power Tower with Free Standing Pull Up Bar’s currently available:
Things to Consider
To help you out, check out the following 5 factors that you should consider before buying a power tower with free standing pull up bar:
Obviously, if you are going to be using a power tower for exercise then it is important that it is comfortable, and ergonomic. Always check to see if the power tower has soft and padded handles, and grips as without them it is likely that you won’t want to use the tower, and thus won’t reach your fitness goals.
2. Weight capacity
Not only is weight capacity an important consideration for users who are heavy, but it is also important for those that may want to add extra weights to their exercises, for example in the form of exercise vests.
Power towers can offer multiple exercise options such as pull ups, dips and knee raises. If you are keen to find a power tower that can enable you to complete loads of exercises, then make sure that the power tower you buy allows you to do so.
4. Value for money
An important consideration for any large purchase is that the item is good value for money. With regards to power towers, considerations for working out the items value for money cover things such as durability, versatility and cost. If you are looking for an item that is good value for money, then you should look for power towers that are at the lower end of your budget, but are still durable, and offer a range of different exercise options.
As power towers are likely to be subject to a lot of weight and are likely to be used a lot, it is important to consider whether or not to buy a power tower that comes with a warranty.
By choosing a power tower with warranty can help to ensure that should anything break, or go wrong within the first couple of months after purchase then it can be replaced or repaired with little or no cost to you.
Benefits of Using Power Towers
The power tower is the best pull-up and dips machine in the workout industry. Here is why:
- Activation of Upper Muscle
Conventional power towers consist of a pull-up bar as well as dip bars. So, at the pull-up station, you can work on your lateral muscles along with your forearms and biceps. The pull-up bars can also be a station for chin-ups. And the dip bars enable you to activate your triceps using the triceps dip workout.
However, if you lean forward while doing the dip, you will be hitting the lower pectorals of your chest. Hence, making it an excellent chest workout.
- Engage Your Core
Because of the pull-up bars, you can do workouts such as hanging leg raises, which is remarkable for your lower abs as well as a core workout. Plus, most power towers have elbow rests connected to the dip section. Thus, permitting you to do vertical knee-raises, another exceptional core workout.
The tower could also come with foam rollers to do sit-up as well.
- Body Weight
If you do not want to go to the gym, then having a power tower stationed in your garage is a prominent solution for building a magnificent physique. You need nothing more than your body weight to do these workouts, and thus, there is no need to buy expensive equipment.
- Improves Strength and Endurance
Pull-up and dips can be considered one of the most challenging workouts to do in the gym. And as you continuously do these, you will notice a sizeable change in your muscles, strength, and endurance.
- Cheaper than Gym Subscription
Gym memberships can indeed be hefty on your wallet. Therefore, if you have a power tower at your home, you can be working out without needing to hit the gym. However, the gym does contain several types of equipment, so eventually, you might want to go join.
What Exercises Can You Do with a Power Tower
With this equipment, you can target your lats also, known as lateral. The wide gripe pull-up directly affects your laterals plus, has a slight hight on your forearms (actually most workouts will take a toll on your forearms).
Now, if you go for the closer grip (shoulder-length grip), you will be working your biceps and the inner parts of the traps.
The dips provide you with two options. One of them is the triceps dip workout. It is a remarkable workout that guarantees to build your triceps more. On the other hand, if you lean forward while doing the dip, you will be concentrating more on the chest. And this is one of the best workouts to hit those lower pectorals.
You can also engage your lower abdominal muscles throughout the hanging leg raise. And if there are elbow pads attached to the dips, you can do the vertical leg-raise, which is a superb core exercise.
The Best Power Tower Workouts to Build Muscle, Sculpt Abs, and Cut Fat
Doing free body workouts can prove to be one of the best ways to build that summer body that you have always wanted. However, if you are facing difficulty in finding the best routines, then this section is perfect for you.
- Wide Grip Pull-Ups
This is a remarkable workout to engage your lats as well as your forearms. If you want to make it a tad more challenging, do a weighted pull-up. Also, it is an efficient method of widening your back.
- Close Grip Chin-Ups
One of the best workouts for your traps, biceps along with the inner muscles of your back.
- Reverse Pull-Ups
If you have gotten the hang on a pull-up, we suggest you try the reverse pull up. It is a much tricky back workout compared to the other one.
- Hanging Leg Raise
The hanging leg raise can be considered as one of the most prominent forms of core workout, especially the lower abs. And if you do something similar, hanging side leg lift, you are engaging the obliques. Do not forget to engage your core. That is the key to getting abs.
- VKR (Vertical Knee Raise)
You can consider this a simpler version of the hanging leg raise. To make it more challenging, you can try stiffening your arms.
The dip is an excellent option to target all the heads of your triceps and is quite a challenging workout as well. Also, if you lean forward as you descend, you will be targeting on the lower head of your chest.
What to Look for before Buying the Best Power Tower
Finding the best power tower is like finding the black cat in a coal cellar. However, you make the experience more effortless, you need to know everything regarding the matter. So, here is what you need to know:
- Study Build and Steadiness
You don’t want your power towers to bend when you are working for them. That is why they must have a heavy-duty and sturdy build. Also, having a robust construction ensures higher weight capacity.
Therefore, the best method of picking a sturdy power tower is choosing one that has a high weight capacity (250-300 pounds).
After you have picked a sturdy and tough power tower, it is time that you check the machine is steady and stable when being used. The best way of ensuring that is preferring for a tower that has a broad and solid foundation. That way, the item will not wobble as you do your workouts.
One big strenuous issue that one might face is choosing a power tower that has a complicated assembly. And we are quite sure that you do not want to waste hours putting the structure together. Therefore, you must opt for something that offers uncomplicated and simple assembly.
Now, when you are looking for a power tower, it is necessary that you choose something that ensures a comfortable and pleasant workout experience. You won’t feel motivated otherwise. For that, you should go for handles that have padding or have foam grips as they provide you a comfortable grip every time you workout.
Imagine you bought a tower; however, as you are about to install it inside your home, you realize that it is too big for your home. Therefore, it is essential that you take the dimensions into account when buying a power tower.
It is natural that you would want to go for the more expensive power towers. But you should know that this is never important. You see, you can find A-grade machines at the most affordable prices. Therefore, make a budget and buy something that doesn’t exceed your budget.
Safety Considerations When Using It
When using a machine, you must ensure that it is safe to be used. And power towers use the same ideals. So, here are some things that you need to consider when working out:
- Even Platform
Yes, the machine must have a steady base. However, the place where you are stationing the item also has to be even. That way, there is less probability of the thing toppling over.
- Make Sure the Screws and Bolts Are Secured Tightly
If the screws and bolts are not tightened, there is a hefty chance that its whole structure will come off while working out, which can be dangerous for you.
- Wear Supports
Wear wrist supports and forearm support when you are working out. Whenever you are working out, these two can very easily be damaged. So, these will provide you the safety you need.
- Stop if You Feel Any Sharp Pains
When working out, feeling pain and soreness is a usual deal. However, if you start to feel the sharp sensation on your lower back, traps, or anyplace during a workout, it is a red flag, and we recommend to stop immediately.
I tried to do my best to pick the most reliable models here, so no matter which you buy, you will surely have a well-performing fitness gear power tower. For a one time investment, you will have proven home gym equipment that provides everything you need to build a great looking body without going anywhere.
I hope I could help you to make a purchase that suits your needs and if you have some questions, feel free to ask below. I’m going to help you.
Did you find this guide to pull up dip stations useful? Share with your friends.