The humble power tower may have a simple design, but it’s a beast. They take up limited space (as long as you have a high enough ceiling) and are an effective way to really sculpt the muscles throughout your body if you’re up to the challenge. Simple designs provide users with a top bar for push-ups and push-ups, backs and elbow pads for push-ups to light up their core muscles, and padded handles for diving. They are typically super affordable in price, while providing users with challenging exercises that often require years of training to master.
In this guide, we have provided a list of some of the best power towers for sculpting a killer body without lifting a single barbell or bar.
Our Top Pick
Last update on 2022-11-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 Best Power Towers To Buy In 2021
Last update on 2022-11-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 Best Power Towers Review
- Sturdy Design With Reliable Support: We Designed This Standing Power Tower With An H-Frame Base For Enhanced Stability So The User Can Perform Exercises On Either Side. It Also Has 2 Arched Stability Bars To Make The Steel Frame Sturdy. It Measures 58.5" X 46.5" X 83"
- All In One Gym Equipment For Home: The 4-Station Vkr Power Tower Is The Full Package With Front And Back Training Stations. Use It For Vertical Knee And Leg Raises, As A Dip Station, As A Lat/Pull-Up Bar, Or As Push-Up Bars. Tone Your Entire Body With Our Workout Equipment For A Total Gym Experience
- Strength And Cardio Home Gym Equipment: With So Many Different Workout Possibilities, You'Ll Be Able To Easily Do Hiit Circuits, Strength Training, Targeting Specific Muscle Groups Without The Need For Weights. Tone Your Shoulders, Biceps, Chest, Legs, And Even Abdominal Muscles
- Bodyweight Resistance Training Machine: Once You Have This At-Home Fitness Equipment Set Up, You'Ll Be Able To Work Out And Circuit Train Easily Without Anything Extra. Now You Can Easily Build Muscle And Increase Definition Without Purchasing Expensive Weights
- 【CONSTRUCTION】Our height adjustable power tower built with 1.2mm thickness steel tube frame ensures steady support for the pull up stand." H "shaped frame base with skid resistant feet, safe and stable.Weight Capacity: 250lbs
- 【Ergonomic Design】The soft leather backrest have 2 inch thick and the elbow pad have 1.6 inch thick which give u the best exercise and protect your spine during workout.
- 【MULTI-FUNCTION】With this kind of equipment, you can easy to Chin up, Dips, Vertical Knee Raises, Push-ups and Reverse grip chin up whenever and wherever possible. Perfect for adults or children to grow workout, fitness enthusiasts and the elderly exercise.
- 【ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT】 This workout station has 10 levels height adjustment, ranges from 61’’ to 90.5’’ , you can adjust the height to fit all your family needs
- 【EASY ASSEMBLY】Come with tool kits, easy to assemble and disassemble .If you encounter any problem or need further support, please feel free to contact us
- 【Multi Function】It is a multi-functional power tower that supports vertical knee raise, push-ups, dips as well as pull-ups, which help tone and target your arms, core, shoulders, chest, and back for a stronger body.
- 【Double Stability】 Our power tower owns 39.7’’ long-size H-shape base. The long base provides more loading points. 8 support points are formed by the extended steel, which increase the contact area and provides double stability.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Humanized design with PU pads for elbow protection, and the armrest of this dip station is slightly inclined towards the inside 10 degree to prevent the elbow from slipping off.
- 【6 Gear Regulation Height】 The height of the pull-up bar can be adjusted from 64.56" to 88.18", suitable for all teenagers, and adults' fitness needs at home, and in the office.
- 【7-Position Adjustable Backrest】7 adjustable holes(1.2"-6.7") in the supporting tube, back cushion of power tower can be adjusted before and after based on the people size.
- 💪【Sturdy Construction】Tough steel frame, heavy-duty metal frame, ergonomic design for extra comfort, which ensures stability and durability, holds up to 338 LBS. Sturdy and durable, also it is easily to assembly.
- 💪【6 Gear Regulation Height】6 Levels adjustable suitable for whole family workout,and the distance between holes is 3.94 inch，72.8 Inch-92.5 Inch to meet your needs. Anti-Skid comfort handle to hold.
- 💪【Multi Function Design】It is a multi-functional power tower that supports vertical knee raise, push-ups, dips as well as pull-ups, which help tone and target your arms, core, shoulders, chest. Increasing muscle strength and getting the perfect shape.
- 💪【Ergonomic Design】The soft leather backrest can give u the best exercise and elbow pads are comfortable to the point where you don't have to use gloves. Product Dimension: 32.7" x 43.3" x 72.8-92.5".This power tower will not take up too much space.
- 💪【Customer Service】Accessories and installation instruction included. Free replacement or refund! If there are any questions or problems, please feel free to contact us.
- 💪【Safety Locknut】In order to prevent the nut from falling off in case of vibration, we adopt the locknut to keep the screw to be tightened.
- 💪【9 Levels of Height Adjustment】The height adjustable range is 58.5-89''. The lowest level is designed for children and the power tower is suitable for the whole family workout. Its convenient for different age, shapes and sizes.
- 💪【4 Levels Backrest Adjustment】The back cushion can be easily adjusted to your workout comfort, The adjustable range is 7-9.6 inches.
- 💪【Multifunction】The dip station can support many kinds of exercise routines. Build triceps, chest and shoulder muscles along with incredible upper body strength. Easy to use. Suitable for all fitness and strength building workouts.
- Space Saver Gym Equipment For Home: The Pt600 Power Tower Takes Exercise Back To Basics. Single-Side Design Can Be Placed By A Wall Or Corner Of Home Gym Garage Gym. Use It For Vertical Knee And Leg Raises, As A Dip Station, As A Lat/Pull-Up Bar, Or As Push-Up Bars. Tone Your Entire Body With Our Workout Equipment For A Total Gym Experience
- Versatile Home Gym Equipment: With So Many Different Workout Possibilities, You'Ll Be Able To Easily Do Strength Training, Targeting Specific Muscle Groups Without The Need For Weights. Tone Your Shoulders, Biceps, Chest, Legs, And Even Abdominal Muscles
- No Weights Required: Once You Have This At-Home Fitness Equipment Set Up, You'Ll Be Able To Work Out And Circuit Train Easily Without Anything Extra. Now You Can Easily Build Muscle And Increase Definition Without Purchasing Expensive Weights
- Sturdy Design: We Designed This Standing Power Tower With Traction-Ready Grips, A Height-Adjustable Frame, Padded Cushions To Protect Your Arms And Back During Workouts, And A Steady, Sturdy Base That Sets Up Virtually Anywhere, From Tiled Dens To The Concrete Floor Of The Garage. It Measures 42 X 43 X 85.75 Inches; 70 Pounds
- Audio CD – Audiobook
- 03/20/2020 (Publication Date) - Artistry Music (Publisher)
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION – This workout power tower has a durable steel frame that’s reinforced with a powder coated finish, making it a piece of equipment that’s guaranteed to withstand intense use. Its heavy-duty structure can hold up to 300 pounds
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL HOME GYM – Designed with multiple workout stations, this versatile equipment includes a knee raise station for core-strengthening, an adjustable push-up adjustment bar, and a dip station for working on upper body exercises.
- PADDED BACKREST – The STB-98501 Power Tower showcases a soft cushion that supports your back during exercise sessions. The 2-inch faux canvas covering keeps you comfortable and well-assisted while you follow intense workout regimens.
- MULTI-GRIP PULL-UP HANDLE BARS – Perform a variety of pull-ups with the power tower’s pull-up station! Strengthen your lats, shoulders, and arms with its multiple grip handles and perform powerful exercises that will tone your upper body.
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE BARS – The adjustable dip handles let you lower or raise the bars to suit your training needs. Whether its dips or deficit push-ups, the power tower dip station will help you develop shoulder and triceps strength.
- STABLE POWER TOWER: The base with U style design and 2 reinforced bars make this dip station more stable
- MULTI-FUNTION: This strength training fitness equipment has two barbell stand, which is applied for benching
- WORKOUT STATION DIMENSION: 51.2”L x 35.4”W x 64.96”-92.52”H. Maximum Weight Capacity: 330 lbs. Pad: 11.8”H x 8.6”W. Arm cushion: 7.8”L x 3.5”W. Six height adjustment levels: 64.96”/68.92”/72.83”/76.77”/84.65”/92.52”
- COMFORT DIP STATION: Humanized design with back cushion and elbow pads, protect your spine during exercising. Use canvas instead of PU surface to make it non-slip and practical
- APPLIED FOR MOST EXERCISE: You can do most fitness movements on this power tower like pull-up, dips, push-up. Build stronger muscles on arms, legs, chest etc.
- Strengthen core and legs with vertical knee raise station
- Build powerful shoulders, arms, and back with built-in pull-up bar
- Tone arms and strengthen chest muscles with push-up enhancing bars
- Develop triceps and improve upper body strength with dip station
- Retrospec Power Tower's stability-enhancing base s balance for an optimal full-body workout. Measures 58. 5" x 46. 5" x 83" (L x W x H)
Last update on 2022-11-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What are Power Towers?
We’ve already discussed a bit of what a power tower does. But for the sake of those who still have an unclear idea of what it is, here goes. This gym gear is a slim piece of equipment that sort of looks like a tall table that was turned on its side, legs sticking out. It features a horizontal bar that connects the 2 sides, two hand grips and armrests located around the middle area of the equipment, and 2 handles near the bottom. The beauty of a power tower is that you’ll be using your own bodyweight to train your muscles.
Most Power Towers Will Have Four Basic Stations
The pull-up station is the horizontal bar where you can perform chin ups and pull ups to train the muscles at your back as well as strengthen the muscles in your shoulder and arms.
The push-up station consists of the two lower handles near the bottom of the tower. Due to the low handlebars, you can go deeper and get a more intense workout. You can also do shoulder taps which strengthen your arms and your core.
The dip station is the two hand grips in the middle area. It allows you to work out a variety of muscle groups through dip exercises such as your triceps, shoulders, and chest.
The VKR or vertical knee station is right there beside the dip station. Using the armrests and hand grips along with the backrest allows you to target your abs through a variety of exercises such as knee and leg raises.
What is more, power towers are great for those who enjoy doing body weight exercises but can struggle to maintain proper form. If you are keen to keep toned, or if you want to tone up and lose a few pounds then read on to find out about the top 10 best Power Tower with Free Standing Pull Up Bar’s currently available:
Things to Consider
To help you out, check out the following 5 factors that you should consider before buying a power tower with free standing pull up bar:
Obviously, if you are going to be using a power tower for exercise then it is important that it is comfortable, and ergonomic. Always check to see if the power tower has soft and padded handles, and grips as without them it is likely that you won’t want to use the tower, and thus won’t reach your fitness goals.
2. Weight capacity
Not only is weight capacity an important consideration for users who are heavy, but it is also important for those that may want to add extra weights to their exercises, for example in the form of exercise vests.
Power towers can offer multiple exercise options such as pull ups, dips and knee raises. If you are keen to find a power tower that can enable you to complete loads of exercises, then make sure that the power tower you buy allows you to do so.
4. Value for money
An important consideration for any large purchase is that the item is good value for money. With regards to power towers, considerations for working out the items value for money cover things such as durability, versatility and cost. If you are looking for an item that is good value for money, then you should look for power towers that are at the lower end of your budget, but are still durable, and offer a range of different exercise options.
As power towers are likely to be subject to a lot of weight and are likely to be used a lot, it is important to consider whether or not to buy a power tower that comes with a warranty.
By choosing a power tower with warranty can help to ensure that should anything break, or go wrong within the first couple of months after purchase then it can be replaced or repaired with little or no cost to you.
Benefits of Using Power Towers
The power tower is the best pull-up and dips machine in the workout industry. Here is why:
- Activation of Upper Muscle
Conventional power towers consist of a pull-up bar as well as dip bars. So, at the pull-up station, you can work on your lateral muscles along with your forearms and biceps. The pull-up bars can also be a station for chin-ups. And the dip bars enable you to activate your triceps using the triceps dip workout.
However, if you lean forward while doing the dip, you will be hitting the lower pectorals of your chest. Hence, making it an excellent chest workout.
- Engage Your Core
Because of the pull-up bars, you can do workouts such as hanging leg raises, which is remarkable for your lower abs as well as a core workout. Plus, most power towers have elbow rests connected to the dip section. Thus, permitting you to do vertical knee-raises, another exceptional core workout.
The tower could also come with foam rollers to do sit-up as well.
- Body Weight
If you do not want to go to the gym, then having a power tower stationed in your garage is a prominent solution for building a magnificent physique. You need nothing more than your body weight to do these workouts, and thus, there is no need to buy expensive equipment.
- Improves Strength and Endurance
Pull-up and dips can be considered one of the most challenging workouts to do in the gym. And as you continuously do these, you will notice a sizeable change in your muscles, strength, and endurance.
- Cheaper than Gym Subscription
Gym memberships can indeed be hefty on your wallet. Therefore, if you have a power tower at your home, you can be working out without needing to hit the gym. However, the gym does contain several types of equipment, so eventually, you might want to go join.
What Exercises Can You Do with a Power Tower
With this equipment, you can target your lats also, known as lateral. The wide gripe pull-up directly affects your laterals plus, has a slight hight on your forearms (actually most workouts will take a toll on your forearms).
Now, if you go for the closer grip (shoulder-length grip), you will be working your biceps and the inner parts of the traps.
The dips provide you with two options. One of them is the triceps dip workout. It is a remarkable workout that guarantees to build your triceps more. On the other hand, if you lean forward while doing the dip, you will be concentrating more on the chest. And this is one of the best workouts to hit those lower pectorals.
You can also engage your lower abdominal muscles throughout the hanging leg raise. And if there are elbow pads attached to the dips, you can do the vertical leg-raise, which is a superb core exercise.
The Best Power Tower Workouts to Build Muscle, Sculpt Abs, and Cut Fat
Doing free body workouts can prove to be one of the best ways to build that summer body that you have always wanted. However, if you are facing difficulty in finding the best routines, then this section is perfect for you.
- Wide Grip Pull-Ups
This is a remarkable workout to engage your lats as well as your forearms. If you want to make it a tad more challenging, do a weighted pull-up. Also, it is an efficient method of widening your back.
- Close Grip Chin-Ups
One of the best workouts for your traps, biceps along with the inner muscles of your back.
- Reverse Pull-Ups
If you have gotten the hang on a pull-up, we suggest you try the reverse pull up. It is a much tricky back workout compared to the other one.
- Hanging Leg Raise
The hanging leg raise can be considered as one of the most prominent forms of core workout, especially the lower abs. And if you do something similar, hanging side leg lift, you are engaging the obliques. Do not forget to engage your core. That is the key to getting abs.
- VKR (Vertical Knee Raise)
You can consider this a simpler version of the hanging leg raise. To make it more challenging, you can try stiffening your arms.
The dip is an excellent option to target all the heads of your triceps and is quite a challenging workout as well. Also, if you lean forward as you descend, you will be targeting on the lower head of your chest.
What to Look for before Buying the Best Power Tower
Finding the best power tower is like finding the black cat in a coal cellar. However, you make the experience more effortless, you need to know everything regarding the matter. So, here is what you need to know:
- Study Build and Steadiness
You don’t want your power towers to bend when you are working for them. That is why they must have a heavy-duty and sturdy build. Also, having a robust construction ensures higher weight capacity.
Therefore, the best method of picking a sturdy power tower is choosing one that has a high weight capacity (250-300 pounds).
After you have picked a sturdy and tough power tower, it is time that you check the machine is steady and stable when being used. The best way of ensuring that is preferring for a tower that has a broad and solid foundation. That way, the item will not wobble as you do your workouts.
One big strenuous issue that one might face is choosing a power tower that has a complicated assembly. And we are quite sure that you do not want to waste hours putting the structure together. Therefore, you must opt for something that offers uncomplicated and simple assembly.
Now, when you are looking for a power tower, it is necessary that you choose something that ensures a comfortable and pleasant workout experience. You won’t feel motivated otherwise. For that, you should go for handles that have padding or have foam grips as they provide you a comfortable grip every time you workout.
Imagine you bought a tower; however, as you are about to install it inside your home, you realize that it is too big for your home. Therefore, it is essential that you take the dimensions into account when buying a power tower.
It is natural that you would want to go for the more expensive power towers. But you should know that this is never important. You see, you can find A-grade machines at the most affordable prices. Therefore, make a budget and buy something that doesn’t exceed your budget.
Safety Considerations When Using It
When using a machine, you must ensure that it is safe to be used. And power towers use the same ideals. So, here are some things that you need to consider when working out:
- Even Platform
Yes, the machine must have a steady base. However, the place where you are stationing the item also has to be even. That way, there is less probability of the thing toppling over.
- Make Sure the Screws and Bolts Are Secured Tightly
If the screws and bolts are not tightened, there is a hefty chance that its whole structure will come off while working out, which can be dangerous for you.
- Wear Supports
Wear wrist supports and forearm support when you are working out. Whenever you are working out, these two can very easily be damaged. So, these will provide you the safety you need.
- Stop if You Feel Any Sharp Pains
When working out, feeling pain and soreness is a usual deal. However, if you start to feel the sharp sensation on your lower back, traps, or anyplace during a workout, it is a red flag, and we recommend to stop immediately.
I tried to do my best to pick the most reliable models here, so no matter which you buy, you will surely have a well-performing fitness gear power tower. For a one time investment, you will have proven home gym equipment that provides everything you need to build a great looking body without going anywhere.
I hope I could help you to make a purchase that suits your needs and if you have some questions, feel free to ask below. I’m going to help you.
Did you find this guide to pull up dip stations useful? Share with your friends.